My New Bulbs Arrived!

br553

I just received the bulbs I ordered from Arizona Aquatic Gardens. I ordered 5 different varieties of aponogetons. I was very suprised how large the bulbs were because I was expecting something along the lines of what you would get at nnnnnnn. The kinds I ordered are Undulatas, Bovinanus, Capuroni, Ulvaceus, and Natans. Several of the bulbs looked like they had foliage before they were shipped and the leaves were simply pruned off. Being that I have just a 10g and a 5g, I'm not sure how many will survive (or if they will), but I am hopeful the ones that do will fill in the tank even thicker than it is now. Here's a picture of one of the Undulatas bulbs next to a Natans bulb to show size. The Undulatas is about 2.5 inches long and about 1 inch diameter. The Natans bulb looks alot like the nnnnnnn bulbs.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/br553/undulatas.jpg

I sure will. I put all of the natans I received in the 5g tank along with the seedlings from my established apons so we'll see what they do.

Here are some updated pictures of my 5 gallon tank and my 10 gallon with the new bulbs. Two of the bulbs have already started to grow less than 24 hours after I put them in. Sorry if the pics are too big.

newbulb1.jpg

The spike in the center is the new growth on this one.

newbulb2.jpg

I had an attack of brown algae on my small tank but that should lessen once the tank gets established

update.jpg

These are my guppies in a feeding frenzy after I dropped in a couple of algae wafers.

feedingfrenzy.jpg

Here's two more pictures of the new bulbs. They have grown alot since I put them in the tank 6 days ago. The ruffled leaf in the middle of the second pic is one of the new bulbs. I think that one is an undalatas. You can also see some of my seedling apons on the left of the first pic. They are doing alot better since I put in a Fluval2 filter. They seem to like the extra water flow. So far, 5 of the natans bulbs have sprouted, but they are still too small to photograph.

updatebulb.jpg

ulvaceous.jpg

So far, 8 of the natans bulbs have started growing but they are still the little green shoots, not any real leaves yet. The 2 ulvaceus plants are growing very well. One of them is about half way to the top of the tank. There is also another one of the new apons (not sure of the type) that has two long, dark greenish-red leaves that are just under the surface. I'll try to get some good pictures and post them soon.

Here are the updated pics of my new apon bulbs

The natans bulbs are in this pic. They are the spike looking plants going off to the right.

newnatans.jpg

updateulvaceus.jpg

The new apon is in the background of this pic

bovinanus.jpg

:) Still looking good! I just went and looked at mine.One looked like it got "fungusy",but the others all have sprouts coming out! Woo-Hoo!

The ulvaceus in the second pic has grown even more since the pic. A couple of the leaves have grown large enough that they are almost reaching the surface. Also another of the natans bulbs has started to sprout so I'm 9 for 10 on those.

Archived