A Chat Room ?

Hi, this is just a small suggestion so. I was thinking if it would be good to have a chat room here so everyone could talk to each other online with instant messages and if someone has an emergency can immediately seek for help from some members that could be online. :exactly

well at the same time I know this is not easy to be achieved but still possible as I have seen some sites doing this.

or is there already one and was not fully utilized? I am still quite new so if there was one before do tell me.

and if you think this is nonsense :blink: then please tell me before you delete this post. Thx!

well, there isnt a chat room, but there is a thing that koko's has called a pm. Its kinda like an instant message. everyone has one, you just need 200 post to use it.

Yeah, we used to have one, but no one was ever on it so I think Koko deleted it. Plus, some people couldn't download the program it needed or had dial-up and it wouldn't work.

But we did used to have one.

I could put one up as a related site. It would have to be disclosed as separate from Koko's as Koko doesn't need the possible risks that go along with open chat.

It would be on a separate wed site, and it would be very simple so probably usable by slow connections.

Downside to simplicity is, it would be open. No moderation means strange people can get on it. That's the risk of open chat.

I can look into it, if Koko says it's cool and if there is enough interest.

Guest Cattrix

Hey I am Strange... I would probably attempt to use it,, I have DSL and my connection is pretty fast and don't normally have any problems with chat rooms.

Regards

Cat

hi everyone! I thought it would be a pretty good idea since some of the members if online can have enjoy instant messages and chat together as I have seen some other sites doing this.

as for weirdos coming into our chat rooms, is it possible to only allow members to click on the link to the chat room? just like only members are allow to view images from the goldfish forum.

is it possible to only allow members to click on the link to the chat room?

If it was possible, that would be something that would go with a chatroom affilited with the Koko's forum. Again, I'm not sure Koko and all her other helpers have time to manage and police an official chatroom.

That sounds neat :) Just an idea but if there was a password that everyone here knew and had to use you could keep out any one not a member here.

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

Thank u Daniel.

Yes the reason for it being gone is that i had to pay 15 a month for it and no one really used it, so it got taken down for that reason.....

Archived