Faaaaaaat Betta!

dana

At first i thought that there was something wrong with him, now i'm not so sure. I think that Charlie Parker has gotten fat! He has a large lump on his underside, near the front of his body, right where his stomach is, i think. I've heard of dogs looking like their owners, but fish? I've cut down his feeding to once a day instead of two, and even when he is absolutely BEGGING for food - i won't give in.

Any thoughts?

Do you have a pic of his newly aquired tummy? :D He may be just getting fat although I fed my bettas two times a day and they never really gained any size. A pic may help. :)

I only feed my male 2 hikari pellets a day and I have noticed he has got bigger yet hes healthy.

Yes Bettaqueen! He looks EXACTLY like those photos! I'm trying to get a pic for you, but in the meantime, how does one put a betta on a diet? I'm going to follow betta talk's advice, and not feed him on one day a week (saturdays) and since today is friday, i thought i'd kickstart the new routine by also not feeding him today. I feed him "Betta Bites", little pellets, about 5 or 6 every morning. Is this too many? Should i soak them first?

Thanks guys!

or you could feed him less each feeding. Maybe just 3 pellets in the morning and a couple in the evening. Depends on how you want to do it. you could also fast him like betta talk mentioned once a week. Actually it is good to fast them one day out of the week. helps them get their digestive system in order.

Thanks for the suggestion, Kissy - i took a look at him from above, but all seems pretty evenly round - no unlike his owner! Sigh. Right, Charlie Parker is hereby on a diet! His owner on the other hand...

Archived