Is Pond Prime The Same As Regular Prime?

I go through a lot of Prime and am trying to find it in a more 'cost effective' size. I found a 2 litre of Pond Prime for a great price, but I'm not sure if it's the same as the Prime I use in my tanks.

Does anyone know?

TIA!

Lisa

I ordered Prime recently and they sent me Pond Prime. They claimed it was twice as potent; 1 cap treats 100 gallons of water.

Where did you find the deal?

They claimed it was twice as potent; 1 cap treats 100 gallons of water.

Well, if that's true than it's a better deal than I thought! The deal I found is at Drsfostersmith and I can get a 2 litre for $31.99 (it's currently 20% off)

Thanks for the info, Sonny & Kat! I'm off to finalize my order. :D

Lisa

That big bottle of Prime is a blessing for all of us with "a few extra" tanks. I know I couldn't do without, and otherwise would run to the pet store every week for the tiny itty bottle. Those 2 litres last you a looong time... Unless you have a huge amount of tanks. Then the bottle has found its match... :D

That big bottle of Prime is a blessing for all of us with "a few extra" tanks.

Ain't that the truth! I don't have a lot of tanks, only three, but I'm raising fry and just found out my ammonia is 1.0 ppm out of the tap (I have a filter for the chlorine). I'm going to be going through an olympic size pool of Prime, lol.

I did some quick calcs, and paying $10 for that bottle I get at the LFS, spending $30 on that would only treat 7500 gallons. For the same amount, I can treat 40,000 gallons.

Yep, I'm going with Door #2. :D

Lisa

Thats great to know! Im running 7 tanks right now and having fry, I do daily water changes on those couple tanks. Therefore going through a lot of Prime! Thanks for the tip! :D

Archived