Some Of My Ryukin

daryl

I love Ryukin - I think as much as I love Phoenix. The Broadtails are my favorites. Here are some shots of some of my "better" Ryukin.

The first is Sterling, a broadtail calico ryukin. He won Reserve Grand Champ at last year's nationals. He is also the "daddy" to my 1000 fry.

post-27-1172775921_thumb.jpg

Next up is "Ribbon" - a ribbon tailed ryukin. A ribbon tail is VERY unusual.. not seen much these days.....

Ribbon won "Most Unique" at last year's Nationals....

Sorry about the quality of the shot. He is in green water right now - so I used an older shot.

post-27-1172776092_thumb.jpg

In case you cannot tell yet - I LOVE calicos - as much as the finnage you see on them!

The next is a newer calico broadtail male - Nigel. Nigel is the "daddy" to my first batch of ryukin fry.

post-27-1172776190_thumb.jpg

This is Clementine. She looks like a Clementine tangerine - but is a bit bigger now than when she originally got her name.... She is the mom to all my ryukin fry.

post-27-1172776281_thumb.jpg

This next one is a "long-finned" Ryukin male called Freckles. He is a rather unique metallic - a blue, officially, but more of a black/white in my book. His fins are kinda long - but I like them because they ARE long - and that he is such an unusual color. He has one red spot on his side - and a bit of fin congestion from breeding activity.

post-27-1172776473_thumb.jpg

Next up is "Toby" - a black and white short tailed male Ryukin. He took the Bill Parsonson award at the NAtionals last year.

He has red rings around his eyes. They are so neat!

post-27-1172776618_thumb.jpg

The last one for today is my blue female standard tailed Ryukin. This is BlueMoon. She is one of the super deep bodied Ryukin. This is a poor picture, but she is moving sooooooo fast it is difficult to catch her side on. I will try again when she is not in feeding mode.

post-27-1172776741_thumb.jpg

:D Wow Carol,what an awesome group of fish! You know what??????? I am glad that you have no consulting jobs at the moment,and that you're sitting at home taking care of a gazillion babies. We are now getting to finally see some of those beautiful fish. :exactly How about Ranchu/Lionhead pics for the next round? :yeah:

I do not use green water very much or very often. I do use it when I have a fish that needs some TLC on color or regrowth from wounds. Ribbon was badly injured during travel - the bag was bounced off the pavement by a "helper" who was carrying too much. He took a bad thump and spent about 2 months spinning helplessly on his side and back. He is slowly recovering - has no obvious wounds and can swim upright at this time, but is not as stable as I would like to see him. The green water seems to sooth and calm him - he is upright most of the time when in green, so I keep him there. I am willing to give him the year he needs to recover if that is what it takes. I raised him from a very very tiny little fellow and he is one of my favorites.

What stunning fish! I'm not surprised you have won high honors at the shows.

It must be nerve wracking to travel with your fish. I'm thinking about trying it this fall. :unsure:

Ahh, all that gorgeous finnage! I'm very jealous. XP And such lovely high dorsals, too... Real living jewels you have there, as I'm sure you know. :3

Sorry to hear about Ribbon's bit of rough treatment. I hope he recovers fabulously for you. <3

I could seriously look at pictures of your fish all day, they are so beautiful, like living pieces of art.

I wish I knew how to ship safely. My LFS has an absoloutly beautiful calico that someone turned in with the most spectacular tail and he's huge! I'd pack him up and send him to you as I hate to see him in the store every time I go, and I dont have room for him.

You're guys are absoloutly beautiful!

Archived