New Fish!

Guest bhGT06

Guest bhGT06

So after waiting 7/8 years to get a new fish, i went out and got a new tank to put my goldfish in, then he decides to die. So I got 3 columbian tetras and a cory catfish for my new 20 gallon tank. Also, for the small 6 gallon tank (for the time being) I got a Jack Demsey. Here are some pics. Hope you enjoy!

tetra3.jpg

tetra2.jpg

tetra1.jpg

jackDEM2.jpg

jackDEm1.jpg

Are the fish sick? Reason I ask is you have posted this in the diagnosing area.

If they are fine and you are just wanting to share with us that is great, but it should be moved to the appropriate area. Just let me know, don't want to just move it and something be wrong. Post back soon.

Guest bhGT06

Yes, my mistake, there is nothing wrong with these guys so far haha. If you could move it, it would be great. thanks

Guest bhGT06

I plan on getting some different tetras, but not sure which ones yet. The cichlid right now is in a 6 gallon tank soon to be re-located into probably a 29 gallon.

Those columbian tetras are very pretty!

Jack Dempseys get very big; you will eventually need him in a 55 gallon tank. They are also a very aggressive species.

Congrats on the new fish!!

I agree with goldiefan. Also, I would get more columbian tetras instead of a different kind, because tetras don't do well with less than six of their species.

Guest bhGT06

i was planning on getting more tetra's but not the columbian ones. Some neon's...and whatever else i saw at the store...

Neon sized fish will be bullied or eaten by the fish you have now. You really should get more colombians because in too small of a group, fish will pick sides to single out and bully the others. This is likely to happen to other species of fish in the tank. In a larger group, all the fish are more confident and healthy. Getting 3 or more columbians is the responsible thing to do. Always research fish before you buy them. Uneducated impulse buys for fish that you think you like or that you see at the store is never a good idea and almost always ends badly.

Archived