Pythons & Lee's Vacs

:krazy: I purchased a Python (25ft+20ft extension), and it did not fit my kitchen faucet. My faucet was too small, even with the adapter that came with the Python. Do any of you know if the Lee's vacs have more fittings? Or, can i go to the hardware store an buy an adapter? I wouldn't know how to get the right size other than taking my "female" end-fitting from my faucet and finding a male at the store that fit... then finding the right sized female to male adapter.... i REALLY need one of these that works because doing changes on my 29gal is bad enough, and i am planning on a much larger tank by July, which i can't even imagine doing water changes on without one. Any experiences or advice with this?

Your python should have come with an order form - they sell all kinds of attachments and adapters for them. Anything on there look like it would work? What about using a different faucet in your house?

My problem is I got my python attached and now I can't get the adapter off my faucet... yikes.

The Lee's came with some white piece which kept stripping so I finally bought a metal piece. Its hard to get on my faucet without slicing my fingers so I use a towel. I should think you can get an adapter for the Python. Did you check the Python website?

for right now, i just returned the python. it was kind of an inopportune financial time to buy it and my husband wasn't thrilled after he found out =). i looked at the parts online but i don't know if either of them would fit. i kind of want the Lee's because it's so much cheaper on Big Al's. anyone have any preferences or thoughts on to which system is better?

I have always liked my Lee's. Its basically the same thing. The only difference, which I see as a plus, is that there is a strainer over the intake so that you can't suck up your fish. The end somes off totally if you just want to use the tube for barebottom or tanks with large pebbles.

I don't know anything about the Lee's vac, but if you end up with a Python again, they sell a faucet adapter that will work on "any" faucet.

http://www.pythonproducts.com/accessor.htm

69A on that page. I believe it goes around your faucet and then has a rubber seal inside it, which you tighten to make sure that the water does not spray out the top.

I wouldn't try it on a square faucet or anything, but it seems like it would work.

yea, i saw that too. i was curious about big al's, i can find python parts on there, but not the actual thing. i may just buy a 100ft kit from vvvv.com (it's about the same price i paid for a 45' in the store!) that way if the adapter doesnt work i can run it to my basement sink.

yea, i saw that too. i was curious about big al's, i can find python parts on there, but not the actual thing. i may just buy a 100ft kit from vvvv.com (it's about the same price i paid for a 45' in the store!) that way if the adapter doesnt work i can run it to my basement sink.

I believe my vvvv carries Python accessories, you may want to ask your store if they have them in the back or something. :)

Archived