Pond Basics And Tips For A Beginner

fishfreak4life

Hi. I might be able to start a pond this summer. I was wondering if there is anything like tips or basics or recommendations for a beginner. I know nothing about ponds except for that the goldfish that I choose to get need at least 10 gallons each. The one question I have is, Do Koi need more than that or is it the same for Koi? Please let me know!

Thanks!

hi :D

oh no, koi need much much more than that, they need at least 500 gallon each, they dont like to be alone so they need another fishy friend with them. also, you need also need good filter(can also be a good DIY filter,if your low on cash$$ like me :D ) make sure it is at lease 3 ft deep with lots of hiddey places so the predators wont get them. you can put netting over the top too. :)

cool! im starting a pond too!! :D

I just got a lot of good information in the thread "stock tank help". Some of it won't apply to you as it pertains to effects of galvanized linings and such, but I had a lot of people give me good advice on feeding, protection, conditioning, space requirements, and so on.

Archived