Who's Got Tattoos?

glitterfish

I thought it would be fun to see what tattoos we all have! Post them here as long as they are not offensive or obscene. I will start!

Here is my first tattoo. Its really ugly and Im going to get it fixed up in the future. Its on the back of my neck.

tattoostar.jpg

My 2nd tattoo that I got on my 18th Bday. It's on my right calf. Korn is a band for those of you who don't know! :D

tattookorn.jpg

3rd one. This one took 3 hours! It's supposed to be a vampire skull but the way it came out you can't really see the fangs unless you're looking for them. If I could do it over again, I wouldnt have had her add the bottom jaw.

tattooskull.jpg

This one is probably my favorite. Too bad I never get to see it as it's on my lower back. :rolleyes:

tattooback.jpg

And most recent two. I got them together in December for my parents. :heart

tattoobird.jpg

tattoobird1.jpg

tattoosmomdad.jpg

Come on now, share yours! :D

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:) I love all of them Erin! Leys see, which one is my favorite? I like the colors of the one on your lower back, but I do like the Vampire skull! The fangs would stand out more with some drops of blood from them, the red color would go well with the rest of the black and grey shading!

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m103/ka.../KatsTattoo.jpg

The best I can do is a drawing of mine. However the I had mine shaded a bit differently and I've changed the coloring a tad as well. Its on my lower back but a smidge lower then yours Erin.... :blink: The one on your lower is awesome Erin! Korn is one of my favorite bands ever! Planning to get another one on the back of my neck over the summer I'm thinking. Its addicting.

ooo I like everyone's tats! Here's mine I am such a Star Wars nerd, it's the rebel alliance symbol. My mirror is really dirty and it's not a great shot so I included a pic of the symbol on its own mine is black, but I am thinking of getting it outlined in hot pink later. Oh and it's on my back incase that wasn't obvious, and nooooo I'm not wearing green velour pants......

post-6041-1172631131_thumb.jpg

post-6041-1172631148_thumb.jpg

:) Ooooooh Kat! I love that drawing! That is so cool! How big is it and is there a meaning behind the drawing?

Thanks Lorraina!

Its a little larger then a baseball. And originally it was a celtic trinity knot. Being my family is irish I've always loved celtic art. The next one I am getting is from the book of Kells.

The trinity represents the number 3. For me it symbolizes 3 generations of women in my family. My Grandmother, Mother and finally myself. The infinity knot is in memory of my Grandmother who was and still was my best friend in this world. I was and still am heartbroken over her passing. The dragon is just one of my favorite creatures. After my Grandma passed I decided to have it done in rememberance. :heart

I love all the tattoo's! I am too chicken to get one. So, since I don't have any I thought I would share Adam's. I went in the livingroom and asked if I could take a picture of his tattoo, he was cleaning out the oscar tank at the time but he let me snap a quick shot. Here it is.

100_0589.jpg

ooo I like everyone's tats! Here's mine I am such a Star Wars nerd, it's the rebel alliance symbol. My mirror is really dirty and it's not a great shot so I included a pic of the symbol on its own mine is black, but I am thinking of getting it outlined in hot pink later. Oh and it's on my back incase that wasn't obvious, and nooooo I'm not wearing green velour pants......

OH MY GOSH! Awesome tattoo!

My tattoo gets to be shown twice, because my partner can't decide which photo she likes better.

s640x480-1.jpg

IM001643.jpg

It is the symbol that represents Earth on the stargate (on the Stargate movie and two TV shows).

I did want to get it expanded to include the eight symbol dialing sequence to get from Earth to Atlantis, but my money has been going towards fishy needs instead.

We've talked about around the time we get married, tattooing each others names on our necks. I'm going to get her name in Hindi on the very back of my neck, and she wants to get a choker type tattoo around her neck, with my name on the back of it.

I'd love to show you mine but unfortunately it'd involve me getting my kit off, and no one wants to see that...

My tatts are like the f-holes on a violin, like the Man Ray's Le Violon d Ingres. Although, my body was more fiddle shaped back when I got em... :rolleyes: It's amazing how ones body shape changes over the years. :unsure:

Ive shared mine before, but here it is again. :)

tat6.jpg

Its on my right hip. Still trying to get an appointment for the other tat, but I cant get ahold of the artist! grr...

Wow Gia I hadn't seen that yet! Its great!

I don't have any yeeeeeeeet, but will in the next few months, here is my (badly drawn) design:

tattyandstuff026.jpg

I might add whatever the Latin word for 'Life' is at the bottom left.. because it's a tattoo of life, like the vines are all the twists and turns, the wilting flower at the bottom is for the past, the three in full bloom are for the present and the little bud at the top is for the future.

Edit again: there are lots of little things as well.. like the flowers are blue, for water, because fish live in water.. and the type of flower is native to China and so are goldfish.. theres nothing in the design that wasn't carefully thought about!

I need to go find what 'Life' is in Latin now to see if I like it :D (Latin because of the musical reference)

Edit: oh, and its going on my upper back :D

I don't have one yet, but I want the Rammstein symbol on my right shoulder blade. I don't want it the same way it is in the pic. I want the symbol to be in black. About 6" tall and 5" wide. I want to take someone with me when I go to get it done because I'm a weenie like that lol. Somebody who's already had one done.

Edit: I put the numbers backwards. Or maybe 6"x6". Not too sure yet....

post-6515-1172705420_thumb.jpg

I don't have one yet, but I want the Rammstein symbol on my right shoulder blade. I don't want it the same way it is in the pic. I want the symbol to be in black. About 6" tall and 5" wide. I want to take someone with me when I go to get it done because I'm a weenie like that lol. Somebody who's already had one done.

I'd recommend having someone else drive you, and at least be there... if not actually standing there while you get it done. My mother drove me, and then hung around outside while I got it done. It didn't hurt that bad at all (granted, mine is small), I almost fell asleep.

Ive always had a friend come along... mostly because they wanted one too! :D My lower back and chest hurt the worst but then again theyre pretty big, detailed tattoos. :)

I'd recommend having someone else drive you, and at least be there... if not actually standing there while you get it done. My mother drove me, and then hung around outside while I got it done. It didn't hurt that bad at all (granted, mine is small), I almost fell asleep.

My mom wouldn't drive me there. I know she wouldn't. She used to have a small rose on her right shoulder blade, but had it covered up with Winnie the Pooh holding 3 balloons. She says she regrets getting hers done (one of her friends did the rose with an ink pen and a needle. Pooh was done professionally). So I really doubt she'd take me.

If I get it done before Misty leaves for Chicago (if she goes) I'd see if she'd go with me. She doesn't have a tattoo, though. Or maybe my ex. He got a tattoo across his shoulders (like Kimma's husband) after he turned 18. I dunno. Gotta get some money and nerves first! lol

x-Lucy-Fish-x:

The Latin word for "life" is "Vita", or "Vitae". Or you could also go for "Vida"

Erin:

Hey, I know where you got that design for the vampire skull... it's on the cover from Brian Lumley's Necroscope book! I love that novel! :D

Katalyst:

your tattoo design reminds me of Auryn from Neverending Story. Neat!

My mom wouldn't drive me there. I know she wouldn't. She used to have a small rose on her right shoulder blade, but had it covered up with Winnie the Pooh holding 3 balloons. She says she regrets getting hers done (one of her friends did the rose with an ink pen and a needle. Pooh was done professionally). So I really doubt she'd take me.

If I get it done before Misty leaves for Chicago (if she goes) I'd see if she'd go with me. She doesn't have a tattoo, though. Or maybe my ex. He got a tattoo across his shoulders (like Kimma's husband) after he turned 18. I dunno. Gotta get some money and nerves first! lol

I can't imagine having Pooh permanently affixed to my body. The thought scares me to death... *giggles*

My mother has a mushroom on her butt. I'm told it used to be on her hip, but apparently gravity won, and the shroom lost. She doesn't regret getting it, and she wants another one.

My older brother had (as in he passed away, so no longer has) the Oakland Raiders symbol on his bicep, but instead of a pirate's head, it had the head of one of those little green aliens.

My older sister got my older brother's initials on her ankle. She got it done 16 days after he died, she was 16 at the time. She says she regrets doing it, and would have preferred not to tattoo his initials anywhere on her body, but refuses to have it removed because it is a lesson she doesn't want to forget, and the original reason she got it done, is still important to her.

She's gonna freak out when I get the one on my neck that I want. She isn't really happy I got the first one, but tattooing someone's name is incredibly stupid, according to her.

Erin:

Hey, I know where you got that design for the vampire skull... it's on the cover from Brian Lumley's Necroscope book! I love that novel! :D

LOL, really? I just searched "vampire skull" online and it came up. I would very much like to see this cover!! :D

Okay, I've been looking for an image of Manray's image that I based my tatts on.. here it is

manray.jpg

(again, when I got them my figure was more like the womans' in the photo, I'm now more about the size of a double bass rather than I violin!)

lol! y'know, the only thing about the F-holes is that I can't really get anymore tatts on my back without ruining the effect of having them in the first place, unless I get a fingerboard down the back of my neck, and I'm not too convinced I want that....

lol! Yeah I dont know how that would be. :rofl I still have the middle of my back open for something in the future maybe. ;)

Oh and ManYu, I found the book youre referring to! The picture I had didnt look exactly like that but I like that design better! Darn! :rolleyes:

Archived