Sign in to follow this  
ciscokidd

Oh No!

I had an article in disease and diagnosis about my comet Tango bottom sitting, he got better, now hes at the bottom barely breathy in a C-shape. I already no he's not going to make it, it is irreversible at this point, i believe. What is wrong with them when they are in a c- shape??? it is so hard to see him suffering =[ :cry1

Edited by CiscoKidd

he's still alive gasping for air at the bottom :cry1 when he dies should i clean out the tank, or put his tank mate back in? his tank mate is completely healthy.

Can you answer any of the questions up above for us? Your fish seems to be in a bad way,but my motto is to never say never,as there's always hope.Post soon. :)

* Test Results for the Following:

Ammonia Level?0

Nitrite Level?0

Nitrate level? dont have test kit.

Ph Level, (If possible,KH and GH and chloramines)?7.6

Ph Level out of the Tap?normal.

* Tank size (How many Gals) and How long has it been running?10 gals, since January (quarintine tank), if he dies my parents want my other comet to go in the 10 gal, since he's only one fish......

* What is the name and size of the filter/s? top fin 10

* How often do you change the water and how much? 25% weekly

# How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 fish 2 inches

# What kind of water additives or conditioners? prime

# Any medications added to the tank?no

# Add any new fish to the tank?no

# What do you feed your fish?tetra fin flakes.

# Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt",

bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?no

# Any unusual behavior like staying

at the bottom, not eating, ect..? c shape, gasping. last night he looked a bit "floaty" i said i'll see how he is tommorow, i came home from school today and he was in bad shape.

Edited by CiscoKidd

same condition =[ i moved him into the bowl w/ an air pump since he wasnt doing much moving and his tank mate was moved into the tank. He's lying at the bottom, he seems like he wants to move but can he will some how move around, but he cant use his tail fin. I am really considering clove oil, i cannot stand to see him suffering much longer. Its been more than a day.

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

To answer your question about the "C" shape, that can indicate a couple things. Either an electric shock of some kind or that the fish has really given up and is very sick. Usually "C" fish don't recover. I think the clove oil would help to end his suffering.

As to what could have caused it???????????????????? That is hard to say, but I would get a test and test the nitrates. If they are high it could be your problem.

Take care sweetie I know how hard this is.

well you can remove this =[

he died today. :cry1 i am sad, and yet relieved that his suffering is gone. It was getting so hard to see him like that. thanks for your help everyone

I'm so sorry for your loss :( Hope you feel better soon :hug