I Scored Two Eheim Cannisters Today!

daryl

A fish store is going out of business (my favorite mom and pop shop. :( ) They had two Ecco Eheim Cannisters - 2236s that were missing parts - substrate and tubing.....

I got them for $20@!!!!! I can easily add substrate and extra tubing. I do not need the fancy green tubes anyway!

:D:D

They run about 185gph they say. :D

:) The" Fish Gods" were shining on you today! What a fantastic deal. Those filters are so expensive normally! But like mentioned, its too bad one of your favorite places is closing. The little independent places are often the best, but also have a hard time with the competition of the bigger chains. :(

Hope the new filters are as good as they are said to be.

:) The" Fish Gods" were shining on you today!

The Fish Gods were ALWAYS shining VERY BRIGHTLY on daryl EVERY DAY! Arrgh is there a luckier person here at kokos than daryl? I think not :rofl congrats mate!

:) Congrats Carol.I couldn't even imagine having the luck that you do between fish tanks and filters,but that's usually the way things go,isn't it? :D I'm sure that you'll put them to good use. You may even be able to buy the missing parts at Big Al's,or Eheim themselves.

:rofl I just wish I could apply that to the lottery and win 10 million dollars!!! :yeah:;)

I am going to use these set up with large sponges on the intakes for 2 of my fry tanks. They have tons of area for biological media - 4 separate baskets! I will load 'em up and set them going in an adult tank to seed and awawaway I go! I ordered a couple of liters of media from BigAls and when it comes all will be good.

Just when I was wondering what I was going to use for those fry..... :bingo:

I am VERY sad to see that store go. They were the ones that would hand me the catalog and let me order ANYTHING I wanted for my fish/cats/animals. They took a 10% profit on it - no shipping - and I was thrilled. They got me my breeder tanks and everything. Sigh. Everyone wants a large store - no one is willing to go into the little strip mall treasures that hide in every city. :cry1

They really knew how to care for fish, too!

what a deal. You are always so lucky to find these kind of things.

It always sucks when a good store goes out of buisness. Hopefully you will find another good store.

Congrats daryl- nice catch. I love my eheim cannisters, I have 2 - smaller ones though. The tube doesn't have to be the green eheim you can pick up similar at a DIY for next to nought.

Okey Dokey. I will get the camera tonight and post up tomorrow. I have not set them up, yet. It is a mess outside and I did not go out for a hose or anything today.

:)

Here are the two cannisters I have. They are smaller than the others I have, but should serve well as biological additions onto larger tanks or as fry filters.

post-27-1172763797_thumb.jpg

Archived