Fry Photos

daryl

These next shots are 2 week old broadtail Ryukin fry from the other tank.....

You can see the pink/orange shrimp in the fish's tummy - it is about 1 hour after feeding...

The last shot shows a fry that is most likely going to be a "matt" fish - solid white with big black eyes....

post-27-1172587218_thumb.jpg

post-27-1172587232_thumb.jpg

post-27-1172587247_thumb.jpg

I have about 24 of those 1 month old ones. Most are "green" - a few "pinkies" matt ones left. A few have "poor" tail conformation, but the majority look like they have the broadtail spread developing nicely.

I do not know when the humps appear - but I think it may be quite a while yet. These guys are about 3/4 inch long. They do seem to be carrying the nice deep body I like to see....

:)

I only have 2 females - they do not seem to sell the quality females as often as they sell the good males. I have a blue standard tail and a red/white broadtail.....

Perhaps I will get a few from the fry population! :)

Those first 3 shots are terrific - they're definitely print (media) quality and it's amazing how it shows every detail on the expression - especially the centre shot. These guys scream excellent lineage and already display the qualities that'll make them beautiful as they continue to grow.

Do you have any updated shots of the batch in the first 3 shots? They're so pretty in appearance - i'd love to see more images of them :)

Guest Sashimi

They're so cute! It's amazing how much they change in just a month... Not sure if you've already said this in another part of the forum, but did you use the same breeding pair for both spawns?

Archived