No Idea How To Start

LuvMuhFred

hi and hey!

well crap im not well!

I have tried to post pics of fry

forgive me

after the xhubby got disabled in car accident and I had to take on more work i got so tired

now im sick

just diagonised with diabetes and another 2 disorders with my blood

so radical diet/ lifestyle change on top of meds and possibly chemo

No a happy camper here

anyway just wanted those that have known m for the past 2 yars that Im still here! loving u and loving ya fish!

I will do my best to update on my fry and my fish that u know...Blue is near as big as Dalamah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gotta love that!

and I will do my best to check in and see how you all doing

love ya fish!

love u!

Yo LMF it's so good to have see you again! Hey I went to Melbourne about two weeks ago and met Mads (TiO) :D then we went to St. Kilda Aq and Subscape Aq. It was a blast. Here check out this thread, got photos there:

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=57434

We have to see some pics of your Baby Blue soon! Wow, almost as big as Dalamar! Unbelieveable :blink:

Hope you get better mate. Hang tight and we'll always be here for u ;)

MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u went to St. Kilda Aq qirthout me!

Spank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok next tiem u gotta get me in there\

chexk ya pics out! cool!

Yup baby blue finally got some wen and he 1 inch smaller then dalamar....not bad....i think I breed em big :)

its all good water params and good food

he a monster now

his fry is doing cool got a grey tinge

but what I read on genetics he should go choco....hehe Koko will love him then

sorry if my typing ius not right im very ill.....not to good here but fish are good!

my Ranchus great

one is a nice side view other nice top only view..bit disapointing but hey..them the breaks!

good to c u hun!!!!!!!

I hope you're now going to start concentrating on yourself and your health J - because you can't be sick woman! I understand about diabetes but are the other 2 disorders treatable?

You must be feeling pretty buggered right now but if you ever need to vent, go for it and I can't believe this has come on the back end of looking after your ex. Can you keep us posted on how you're getting on? And yeah, i want to see pics of your fry and Blue - he must be enormous if he's almost the size of Dalamar :D

Aww LMF, I haven't talked with you so much but I know a kind person when I read one and I wish you well and better hun. Diabetes is tough but manageable. the others I don't know but get the best treatment and keep your head up :hug:heart

As Jen says we're all here to listen anytime and all times of the day and night, vent away- I know I have done that here plenty :)

MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u went to St. Kilda Aq qirthout me!

Spank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok next tiem u gotta get me in there

Very sorry mate :D I forgot u live in Melbourne, I thought u live in Sydney, very sorry again.

I think u might see me again (dunno when, but hopefully soon) cos my bro lives over there now. Pity he's not a fish person lol :D

We'll definitely meet up, all three of us, me TiO and you, whenever I'm in Melb :exactly

The others are Polycythemia which is a high red blood cell count, caused by a few factors

and also Hemochromatosis which does organ failure but so gar it damaged my pancrees only so hense the diabetes hopefullyy we got that fast enough.

so far I am stunned!

Thank u all for ur love and suport!@

just google them big ###### names...its scary it freaked me out

i got to try to sleep

another thing im suffering sleep deprivation...doc wanted to put me on sleep tabs but I said NO

I ill try hot milk and chamomile teas first

I guess the sleep dep is part of the illnes,,,but im not giving in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c u in a couple days

check out breeding section for pics on my babies then

:) Well LMF,it's great to see you Hun.Just sorry to hear that you're going through all of this. You're a strong person though-I think you show that by being able to take care of the Ex,so I have nothing but high hopes for you. :) I think you have a tough road ahead of you,but if you need us,we'll always be here for you,I wish you nothing but to feel better quickly.My finger's are crossed for you. :heart

And by the way,Blue is almost as big as Dalamar? No way!!! I can't wait for pics! :exactly

LMF I'm sorry to hear about your ailments. It's scary when you get diagnosed with something pretty serious. My husband was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma ( another type of myeloproliferative disorder, but MM is actually classified as ~cancer~, hence his BMT) it a few years ago, he's had chemo, bone marrow transplant.. the works! but he's pulled through okay and is now in remission and leading life not too dissimilar to 'normal'.

If you confused, or just wanna talk, feel free to PM me, I've kinda been through it all with Dave and maybe I can be of some support. :heart the best thing you can do is try to relax (I know that idea sound ridiculous) cause the more relaxed and rested you are, the stronger you'll be to cope with what life's gonna throw you in the next couple of months. What hospital are you going to? you're down bayside area right?

Its so good to hear from you again! Seems like its rarer and rarer these days! :) I havent been on as much either. Life has throw some things at us too.

Im so sorry to hear about your medical troubles. Please keep us updated. Its good to hear your fish are doing well also! :D

Thanks for all the suport and all the offers for me to talk and vent, means so much more than I can type here :heart

Tosakin in Oz Im so glad he is in remission, you have been thru alot, and thanks for the kind thoughts and offer to talk , its real rough hey!

But with great friends and alot of faith,and a positive attitude I am feeling confident I will get thru this.

d_golem I will hold you to that!

next time let me know, email me if needed and we can all meet up.

Im off to the docs tomorow to have an implant removed and get more results then the next day I got to have to go back for another blood glucose tolerence test, so great day off work! 2 hours in there, gonna take my fancy goldfish book to re-read with me, pity I cant take the laptop and get online there LOL

Now a sneak preview for all those "Blue" fans...here is my "Baby Blue not a baby anymore!!

Picture400.jpg

Picture412.jpg

Picture406.jpg

In those last two pics you can see Dalmar with him.............hmmmmmmmmm

Thanks hun

I just :heart him soooooooo much!

Well got the implant out this morning, It was fast and painless as I had a local. However my arm is really bruised now its black...looks yuk!!!

I have to cut down on red meat and give alot of blood to lower my iron, that will solve one problem. Then just maintain the levels with diet after the iron count is back to a normal level. No doubt my new diet I have to floow for the diabeetes will help this too.

The other one with the red blood cells has shown not so high on the other test so they just going to monitor the levels for now (phew) thats a huge relief!!!!!!

So just another glucose test tomorow and wait a few days for those results.

Gee! I should have shares in the doctors practice! LOL

It's good to hear that the other tests are looking good for you! :)

Bummer about not being able to eat lots of red meat tho huh? -does that mean you get to avoid leafy greens as well?? :yeah:

Love the photos of your fish, they're beautiful! :heart

Baby Blue's no baby anymore alright! He's grown so much and is such a goog lookin' fella :heart

I looked up these 2 disorders and sheesh - all in the blood. If I understand it right, your body's storing way too much iron in the organs causing damage because it absorbs too much? and the other is a bone marrow disorder that causes the overproduction of red blood cells? Well, they're both crap.... I was checking out treatment and both seem to say that barring any severe damage to the organs, both can be controlled by the removal of pints of blood weekly - that doesn't sound like fun :( Thank god the test for the red blood cells came back better this time - I think dealing with one is enough.

So you have to avoid all iron rich foods? That's a bummer but you probably won't miss it after a little while - and will this help bring the iron levels down without having to take blood from you weekly? (hoping so)... Although avoiding leafy greens is something I do with monotonous regularity :D

It's good to hear that the other tests are looking good for you! :)

Bummer about not being able to eat lots of red meat tho huh? -does that mean you get to avoid leafy greens as well?? :yeah:

Love the photos of your fish, they're beautiful! :heart

Thanks hun *hugs* I love my fish too!!!!!!!!!!! :heart

I love you so much to take the time to look into what I have

thank u so much!!!!!

yes i got to avoid my fav vegie...broccoli and spinish

and a big fat juicy rare steak is out of the question....######!! I live on them rare steaks........this sucks!

Baby Blue's no baby anymore alright! He's grown so much and is such a goog lookin' fella :heart

I looked up these 2 disorders and sheesh - all in the blood. If I understand it right, your body's storing way too much iron in the organs causing damage because it absorbs too much? and the other is a bone marrow disorder that causes the overproduction of red blood cells? Well, they're both crap.... I was checking out treatment and both seem to say that barring any severe damage to the organs, both can be controlled by the removal of pints of blood weekly - that doesn't sound like fun :( Thank god the test for the red blood cells came back better this time - I think dealing with one is enough.

So you have to avoid all iron rich foods? That's a bummer but you probably won't miss it after a little while - and will this help bring the iron levels down without having to take blood from you weekly? (hoping so)... Although avoiding leafy greens is something I do with monotonous regularity :D

Hi Jen and yup you got it right!

wow you even looked it up? I'm flattered.

it really sucks and yes the excess iron storage causes damage to major organs, so fr we got early so only the pancreas, but a bit n my liver, but they may be contributed to my alchol intake not the disease. So the pancreas damage caused the diabetes. That ha been confirmed

And yes I hve to go in each week and let them "bleed" me till I lose enough blood to lower my iron

till then no red meat ACK!

as for the crap in my bone marrow

as i reported earlier, they gonna monitor it as all of them are closely related, so with letting them bleed me ( doctors=vampires) and control of diet I just got to wait an see then I get tested again.

as for the diabetes test, ###### nurse! cant get a vein I was there 4 hours!!!!tryied my veins 7 times and gave up then she had to scaple my finger and squezzee the blood into the vials

I should get the results in 4 days

implant taken out..........alot of swelling and bruising....my arms look like I been in a war

but hormone levels good so it was worth taking the implant out

im just black and blue with bruising

as for the diabetes test, ###### nurse! cant get a vein I was there 4 hours!!!!tryied my veins 7 times and gave up then she had to scaple my finger and squezzee the blood into the vials

Lol I can relate to that, even just a little. Once this nurse was looking for my vein and she moved the needle around INSIDE my arm! Hurt like ####!

And would you look at Baby Blue! You'll have to rename him Big Blue! One of the most gorgeous blue orandas I've ever seen! :heart

:heart We all care about you of course.I have to admit that I too looked up your problems,as I wasn't sure what was all involved there. Giving up the Steaks would be tough for me,but you have to do what you have to do.We just want you to get well. :heart

Would you look at that Blue!!!!! He is one beauty of a fish.I love Blue's,the darker the better.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this :( .Giving up steaks and spinach huh? That will be hard. I hope there are still somethings you like that you're allowed to eat :) . Is there a forum out there for people with the same thing as they are sometimes useful, on the other hand you might not want to discuss it all like that.

By the way Blue is an absolute beauty LMF - look at his beautiful swishy tail! I can see exactly why you love him so :heart

I am glad to hear that you are doing better and that your ailments are managable. I am hoping the best for you, and that you get well soon. Lots of love!!!

And OMG your fish are beautiful! You did really well. :D

Archived