I Blame Erin (glitterfish)

trundlecat

Despite saying no more fish, after seeing Erin's "Fatty Loaches" pictures I just had to go & get a pal for my Hillstream. "Beetle" (as named by my 3 year old) has settled in really well & the two of them are never far apart from each other. I feel guilty now for initially keeping Chiu alone as they're obviously such social little things. I've put an extra filter in there to up the water flow as I've read loaches prefer a bit of movement. As usual the goldies haven't been phased 1 bit & having to do a bit of work (chase their food) seems to be a big hit. I think I've managed to get a good balance between areas with a faster current & calm areas. All in all a very happy & healthy tank :-)

TC

Congrats on your little fatty.However hillstreams prefer to live in groups of 5 min of their own kind as I used to have a group of them :)

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/Hill...streamLoach.php

Birthday coming up in a couple of weeks Blue which means tank upgrade time (I have hubby well trined) so there'll be more loaches & goldies very soon. I was contemplating setting up the new one as a marine tank but it's too much of a committment (what with a new baby due soon & the kids & menagerie). Will be sticking to cold water for now.

TC

Archived