What'd Ya Think?

Jeana727

I am talking to someone about trading tanks. Theirs is a 55 looks fine. Mine is a 29 looks fine too. I would need to toss in a little cash how much do ya' think would be fair?

If you both want what the other has then does cash have to be exchanged? I mean if you feel like you're getting the better deal (which you are of course :bingo: ) then couldn't you add some supplies, ornaments, fish food etc you have around or even something non-fishy. If she wants to downgrade because she's a) lost some of her fish or b) can't manage maintenace on a 55 then either way she's getting what she wants too...JMO.

I think its a good deal too, but there are some questions that I have too. Are you going to have to buy extra filtration for the 55 gallon, gravel (if you are going for that look), decorations for the new tank? There are a lot of extra things you might have to buy for the new tank if everything is not up to par and what goldfish might need. If all these things come with it, then I don't think I would worry about it.

I agree try a barter/trade

btw hey hun! :) hope u okay!

but if the other person insists on money then....i dunno where u live but here I can get a 10 gal for 40$ new tank

You are looking at upgrading another 15 gal so if I was you Id offer (as its second hand) $30

basically yours is 29 lets round it off to a 30 gal tank

and if u get his at a 55gal

you get 25 gal more room right?

that is 2 more goldies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah!

In Vic Australia i pay 40$ per 10 gal new so Id take the deal at 30$second hand

see what he says, you can always bargain up if needed.

Thanks for the input!

Yep, I have a new AQ110 to use on the 55 (Right now it's on the 29 making quite a bit of turbulence!)

Hope everything falls into place I like big tanks!! :D

Archived