Pineconed On Right Side Only

IloveSpaceboy

I was just watching them, I'm in the middle of a water change and I'm planning on pulling out my 10 gallon to put Skittles in now, anyway, I looked down at Skittles and her right side is pineconed, but her left side is normal...

What could cause this?

Sorry to hear that Skittles isn't feeling well.First thing to do,is to answer as many questions up above as you can,so that we can further assist you. :)

I was wondering if on the lifted scale side,do you see any redness/sore/scratches,eyc?Has she recently had a previous injurt on that side?

Ammonia - 0

Nitrite - 0

Nitrate - 35 (hence me working on a water change, higher than normal)

Ph tank - 7.3

Ph tap - 7.3

55 gallons, 2 months

I have two filters (one came with it, the other is for a 29 gallon)

3 times a week about 20%, every two weeks about 50%

7 1-3 inches, 1-2 inches, the others are 1/2 and under

A conditioner to get ammonia and chlorine and chloramines out of the water

No meds

No new fish

Hikari gold and some veggies, as well as Wardley's flakes soaked in tank water first.

No unususale findings except the pineconing on the right side only.

No unusual behavior either.

No redness or anything and she hasn't been injured recently that I'm aware of. Mars has been pursueing her and Phoenix on occasion over the past few days though, and the pineconed side is the side he's usually bumping against her.

She had long poop with air bubbles that was kinda crooked shaped. I looked under the goldfish poop and it matched the description of her reabsorbing eggs. Unfortunately she died this afternoon. The second I saw her pineconed I figured I wouldn't have any luck with her since Spaceboy held on for so long but eventually died as well. I was hoping I would have more time to try and help her, but at least now she's not suffering anymore :cry1 .

Archived