Redish Bump On Opheila

Maceo

Ammo. : 0

Nitrite: 0

Nirate: 10

Ph: 7.8

Ph: out of tap 6.8 I buffer it with baking soda

Tank size: 55 gallons running since August

Filters: Penguin 330 stuffed with media and a Aqua Tech 330 gph also stuffed with ceramic rings

waterchanges: once a week about 75%

Fish: 1 blue oranda about 4 inches, 1 pearlscale about 3 inches but wider than she is long!! and a BN pleco about 5 inches

water conditioners: Prime and baking soda for ph (I monitor it very closely)

No new fsh

Food: Pro Gold, Hikari freeze dried blood worms and krill as a treat and peas and assorted veggies here and there

Any unsual findings? Yes she has a tiny little reddish pimple under her skin, it is on the white part of her but not bloody looking but it definatly red not new orange coming through

Any unusal behavior? Nope

yesterday when I was doing a water change I did the normal fish look over and noticed opehelia my pearlie has a red pimple like bump on her side, she is eating fine, swimming fine and everything, she has had some long poos but they are the color of pro gold and I am planning on giving her peas. Any thoughts on this? I am ust worried it could be some sort of parasiteor something.

Guest under water tea party

about a month ago my ryukin that ive had for about 5 mos. "broke out" with initially 2 pimples, on either side of the caudal penduncle, one had started to get a white center so i thought, aha, fungus and started melafix, the one side opened, drained(it looked like a worm but was pus) and the other dissapeared, all in about 24 hours. the following day he formed one right above his mouth and it opened and drained the same way. i did one week of melafix and his tankmate never broke out, and i havent seen anything since. i think sometimes they just get little nasties, like people.

It is red edged in white, I * think* she's mainly white and it's kind of hard to tell. It's not really red like blood either it's more pinky colored does that make sense? I tried to take a picture of it but it's so small it doesn't show up well at all.

Normally red bumps edged with white are the beginning stages of a bacterial problem. Where is that red spot located by chance?Is your tank filled with gravel,and if so, how often do you gravel vac? Since your params are spot on,I personally would consider feeding some Medi-Gold if you have it. If it's anything,that will nip it right in the bud if you know what I mean.

No other signs,symptoms at all?

I have a very shallow gravel bed, just bearly enough to cover the bottom, and I vaccum it every week. She really doesn't have any other signs but I think you are right about the bacterial thing, red usually means bacteria, I'll feed the medi gold then. A two week course? And what about the BN what if he gets into the medi gold? Thanks Devs!

Archived