My Tank

Guest GoogleyEyedFish

Guest GoogleyEyedFish

Please take a look at my fish and tell me what you think

this is my first tank and juwel rekford

i think i need to upgrade the filter system i don't think the juwel inbuild one is working well

the pics are taken from my camera phone and there is a red mark that is actually on the lense not on the fish

If you have any info of what type of goldfish these are especially my orange one im not sure what type he is

thanks

DSC01218.jpg

DSC01217.jpg

DSC01208.jpg

DSC01204.jpg

DSC01199.jpg

DSC01194.jpg

DSC01190.jpg

DSC01189.jpg

Cute fishies!

Welcome to Koko's from me too! :welcome

With the Juwel in-built internal filters many people get a better result by just upgrading the powerhead that comes with it to the next one up or so for goldies (check out the Juwel website), this will increase the flow rate, water turnover and provide a bit more suction for mechanical filtration. Juwel filters are designed to have a fairly slow flow rate though in order to maximise the benefit of all the masses of space for biological filtration they provide (all those sponges, very efficient). Another option would be to add a secondary filter as well, maybe a small internal filter to supplement your Juwel in-built. Many of us aim for at least 10 x's the tank volume turnover as a filtration rate for goldies (due the amount of solid waste hey produce) :)

Guest GoogleyEyedFish

thanks for the warm welcome

its much appreciated

I have just got a new pump Powerhead 1000

It seems to improve the flow rate much i think its not done much to the sucking in rubbish any other ideas i can try

• 5 months later...
The orange one looks like a fantail to me. What do you think?

I'm gonna have to agree with DA on that one even a poor quality ryukin has a much higher back. They look like super cute and very healthy fantails to me too! Welcome to koko's!

Archived