Eggs!

Guest im-trying

Guest im-trying

So its time for my weekly water change and i start moving a few things around about to take out this piece of flat slate because the waste that landed on it was just staying on it rather than falling at it looked disgusting so i took it out the water saw a snail on the base took that off......then noticed some clear blobs i asumed to be water so i held it sideways for it to fall off it didnt then i realised they were eggs so i put it back in and did the water change.

The angels and the gourami have been in the tank for nearly two weeks

The questions i have are

who is the most likley to breed in a 4 ft tank with a ph of 7 under a piece of slate that has quite a low hieght to it, Angel fish, gouramis, zebra danios or cory catfish? My guess is the angel fish as they are allways at that end of the tank and am noticing it more now actually but they still let the gourami into the area though the zebra did show some agresion the otherday which i thought was unusual.

Next question i dont have any facilities to put the fry in the best i can do is a breeding net would that be okay?

and finaly would taking the eggs out of the water for literaly 20 seconds have done any harm?

Guest im-trying

thanks for the reply :)

i have the small brown ones but i know its not their eggs ive seen them before. cant post picture either cos my camera has been stolen ?.?

i think its the angels though as they have been guarding the rock for the past few days:)

angelfish eggs do not look like "clear blobs". They look unmistakably like fish eggs: orderly rows of pinhead-sized tan/light brown globes. Unfertilized eggs are white.

cory eggs? I only know cories randomly stick their eggs haphazardly on the undersides of plant leaves.

Danios scatter their eggs in the sand.

Maybe they are indeed snail eggs. But I'd advise you to watch them, all the same.

Guest im-trying

hmmm time for some thinking then the snails i have in my tank lay them near the top im gona have an other look i think ......... well i just checked the slate and the goo was nearly all gone so im assuming they got eaten :( thanks for the help anyway:)

as i stock my tank further though im gona get some more slate as im thinking of getting a few egg laying species.

Archived