Bye Sweet Freckles

sea

My sweet Freckles passed on :cry1 . She was such a sweet and fun loving fish and a great companion for Nugget who is older and more reserved. She was the first fish I could get to eat peas from my hand (until her sbd problems interfered with her ability to tolerate peas). I think she was not entirely healthy when I bought her exactly a year ago but I couldn't resist her beautiful coloring and sweet face. During this past year she seemed to face one problem after another but with the help of folks here she always recovered. I had faith that she had come through this time too as she looked so healthy and happy. It was such a shock when she died.

Bye sweet Freckles, Nugget and I really enjoyed the time we had with you :heart . We sure do miss you.

:( Hi Sea,I'm really sorry to hear that you lost Freckles.She definitely was through the ringer on probs,and was such a tough little girl. :heart You did what you could Dear. :heart

:( Sorry to read of Freckles passing. You tried so hard to keep her healthy, but I think sometimes they have something thats wrong with them that we just can not fix. I know you will miss Freckles alot, but at least you know you tried everything you could.

:rip: Freckles!

:cry1 I was hoping this wouldn't happen - as it feels like I've lost one of my own :cry1 What a brave little soul Freckes was, she fought so hard each time and I honestly believe that if she didn't have you, she wouldn't have survived as long as she did :heart All I can say is i'm so sorry :heart:heart

Thanks for your kind words.

Jen, I so hoped we had pulled her through (I know that she wouldn't have survived this long without your support and advice). I am very upset about Freckles but I want to think that I learned so much from helping her through all this that I will be a much better fish-mom to Nugget and any new fish friends he has in the future (he is looking very lonely . . . ).

Yazoo, I now believe that Freckles sbd was due to an internal bacterial infection that went away each time after treatment (either with maracyn2 or Fungus Clear and medigold) but for one reason or another kept coming back a month or so after treatment stopped (also causing red streaks/patches on her body and lots of bottom sitting). I have no idea what else could have been done for Freckles but I hope your guy gets better.

My own died a few days before Christmas. :( Same sort of thing as Freckles, Bumble died of dropsy caused by an internal bacterial infection that also affected his buoyancy. He too intially would get better with each new antibiotic only to relapse till it finally was too much. I miss him dreadfully.

Archived