Blackheads? Ew

tropicana

This is going to sound weird but it works like a charm.

Honey Mask....

Take regular store bought honey and put it in a bowl...Lightly dip the tips of your fingers into the bowl and lightly start tapping your face with the honey. As you keep tapping the honey starts to get a bit stickier and if you look in the mirror you'll see it turning into a dull white paste on your face as these are (dead layers of skin coming off).

I can't tell you how many compliments I get they day or two after I do a honey mask. It takes about a half hour to 45 minutes but it leaves my skin glowing.

I also do egg whites with a dash of lemon juice on my face.

I also had a friend in high school who used to put a tomato puree mixture on her face to get rid of blackheads.

Now that I sound like a total lunatic I hope this helps your sister somewhat.

Lol, I like that honey mask thing Kat! Isn't honey like a natural antiseptic as well? it would stop the blackheads from becoming infected and becoming whiteheads too I guess.

I gotta say, I dont' have any remedies other than squeezing blackheads (using clean hands and a tissue) after a hot shower, and then applying teatree oil to avoid infection. (I learn 'proper' squeezing from getting professional facials, so I avoid making a mess.) also with regular facials it helps keep dead skin cells from building up. A home facial my mum taught me was to make an oatmeal paste (not as cooked as porridge!!) using quickoats and water, just stick the stuff on your face and leave it until all the water evaporates, it kinda gets tight like a proper facial and really feels like it's drawing out all the oil and dirt out of your skin.

As for acne, I've not heard of any home remedy that actually works. Professional facials work wonders, as well as drinking at least 2 litres of water a day, but at the end of the day it's got a lot to do with hormones and you can't do much about the breakouts with what's in your kitchen cupboard!!

Lol, I like that honey mask thing Kat! Isn't honey like a natural antiseptic as well? it would stop the blackheads from becoming infected and becoming whiteheads too I guess.

I gotta say, I dont' have any remedies other than squeezing blackheads (using clean hands and a tissue) after a hot shower, and then applying teatree oil to avoid infection. (I learn 'proper' squeezing from getting professional facials, so I avoid making a mess.) also with regular facials it helps keep dead skin cells from building up. A home facial my mum taught me was to make an oatmeal paste (not as cooked as porridge!!) using quickoats and water, just stick the stuff on your face and leave it until all the water evaporates, it kinda gets tight like a proper facial and really feels like it's drawing out all the oil and dirt out of your skin.

As for acne, I've not heard of any home remedy that actually works. Professional facials work wonders, as well as drinking at least 2 litres of water a day, but at the end of the day it's got a lot to do with hormones and you can't do much about the breakouts with what's in your kitchen cupboard!!

Great advice Mads...The honey thing is great but its a bit of a pain as you can't touch a thing unless you wash your hands 300 times but it works. Yep a natural antiseptic as well, at the moment I'm home with the flu so all of the honey in this house is going into hot toddy's. :alc

Like you need facials with that glow...Looks like all you need is that red dress Mads! Being up the duff certianly agrees with you!

I'm going to try the oatmeal thing later...Maybe after a few more hot toddy's I'll even take a picture. :rofl

The honey sounds interesting but it would drive me crazy trying to get it all off!! I just squeeze them regularly like Mads does.

I use Proactiv now (the one they sell through the infomercial, but it's also available at some stores now). YOu have to be extremely consistent on it for it to work, though. I have dealt with acne since I was about 14 and Proactiv is the only thing that at least helps, other than taking antibiotics for the rest of my life! It is genetic and no amount of cleaning or preventative care completely treats it.

I know certain makeup tends to clog pores more, too. A dermatologist told me to stick with natural makeup, and the kind I use, Mac, is one of the worst!

Great advice Mads...The honey thing is great but its a bit of a pain as you can't touch a thing unless you wash your hands 300 times but it works. Yep a natural antiseptic as well, at the moment I'm home with the flu so all of the honey in this house is going into hot toddy's. :alc

Like you need facials with that glow...Looks like all you need is that red dress Mads! Being up the duff certianly agrees with you!

I'm going to try the oatmeal thing later...Maybe after a few more hot toddy's I'll even take a picture. :rofl

I can just imagine...! lying on the couch, coughing and spluttering, smelling like a brewery with breakfast all over your face, that would be a picture for someone into the room who didn't know what you were doing!!! :rofl

As for my face! my hormones have taken a turn for the worse and I've been getting terrible breakouts in the last two weeks, they've spread from my face all over my shoulders and chest too! (razzle, frazzle, darned prenancy hormones!!) :( It really feels like I need the sandpaper treatment! :krazy:

I had acne problems until very recently. I have an endocrine disorder that causes bad acne. Since becoming vegetarian my acne has all but gone away. For the first time since I was about 13 I have clear skin. I don't know if it has anything to do with ditching meat or if it was just coincidence but I'm not complaining :)

I use Proactiv now (the one they sell through the infomercial, but it's also available at some stores now). YOu have to be extremely consistent on it for it to work, though. I have dealt with acne since I was about 14 and Proactiv is the only thing that at least helps, other than taking antibiotics for the rest of my life! It is genetic and no amount of cleaning or preventative care completely treats it.

I know certain makeup tends to clog pores more, too. A dermatologist told me to stick with natural makeup, and the kind I use, Mac, is one of the worst!

Are you sure its acne and not something else? My mom thought for years that her red, bumpy face was acne, but it was actually rosasia (spelling???).

Anyways, I started using that mineral makeup stuff. I think the kind I bought is by LOreal. Its a powder, but it covers so well its like a foundation too. Im not totally thilled with the look of it (like sometimes it makes my pores look huge, but that could just be me) and my husband hates the smell (I dont mind it at all) but I do NOT get breakouts at all while wearing it. I have been using it for like a year now and I will keep using it because of that. I might start to look for another brand though because of those little problems it creates for me, but I think the mineral makeup is the answer for me. I am as cheap as can be and I pay nearly $13 for this stuff. Its not like me to do that, but it helps so Ill pay the price. :rolleyes:

I can just imagine...! lying on the couch, coughing and spluttering, smelling like a brewery with breakfast all over your face, that would be a picture for someone into the room who didn't know what you were doing!!! :rofl

That would be so funny! lol You should do it. :krazy::rofl

Imagine this: You are sitting at the computer cruising Koko's, hot toddy loaded with honey in hand, all the while winging and weezing. To relieve the pressure on your sinuses in desperation you bring your hot toddy to your face totally forgetting the honey that dripped down the sides.

Bloody Ell.

Exfoiliation is a good way to control them as well. Weekly maintance helps to keep my pores rid of those nasty little things.

I am a picker and go crazy to have them anywhere. Squeezing them isn't the best thing to do, it bruises the skin and so on. So preventive maintance helps me the most.

I am a picker and go crazy to have them anywhere. Squeezing them isn't the best thing to do, it bruises the skin and so on. So preventive maintance helps me the most.

As a teen I used to be a crazy picker and caused a lot more damage than leaving them be, but since I saw and learnt how they do it in professional salons, I've been able to keep my pores expressed without causing bleeding and damage. :)

Duct tape? Sand paper??? Ouch!!

I am lucky and I've never had a terrible time with acne, but I do get occasional zits. I've found what works best for me is to just take care of my skin. I stopped using foundation, blush, etc and it's helped a ton. I use Aveeno face lotion daily, exfoliate weekly, and wash my face 2-3 times times a week with Clean and Clear stuff. Always make sure whatever you put on your face is not oily and is non-comedemic (sp?).

Mmmm honey and oatmeal facials. Yummy! Honey in original quaker oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfast foods :D

One thing that helps a lot is this "apricot scrub" stuff. It's like sandpaper on your face but when you rinse it off your face feels really good and looks good.

Is it Swiss Ives? I use that stuff. Has walnut shells in it! The one I have it medicated as well. I only use it once a week or so though as it is very abrasive. :)

hokay, first wash your face with very warm water and your usual cleanser. The heat 'opens' the pores. then using a(several) disposable tissue(s) and clean hands squeeze the area around the blackhead/blocked pore gently without using your nails. The most important trick is that if nothing comes out of the pore, or the pore is infected (reddish or with a whitehead) or closed over DON'T squeeze it! that's the hardest part, learning not to go that bit further and making a mess. -Leave it for next time, it may have come closer to the surface if you're doing regular cleanse/scrub/facials. Then I always like to use a mild disinfectant like teatree oil or similar to disinfect the areas I've squeezed to avoid the 'empty pores' from collecting bad bacteria and getting infected (turn into worse pimples). The teatree oil is not as effecive as the 'magic' wand my therpist uses (it's a really fancy ozone gun! ozone, of course kills the bacteria it comes incontact with), but it's the best mild antiseptic I can find in my cupboard... then moisturise as per usual. -hope this helps? ;)

I've always took rather good care of my skin. I first open my pores, I use an exfoliator (anything really with a sandy substance) to get rid of dead skin cells, then I use a deep cleaner , and then a Collagen Moisturizer. I wash My face ever morning and night and add my Moisturizer, and do the big clean ( exfoliator, Deep cleaner, and Moisturizer) once a week.

Also Drinking lots of water is good, and I try to eat alot of Fruits like Cantalope, Which is good for your skin. I'm also lucky to have access to

a Sona sometimes, Which is good for your skin.

I think its all about having the right Exfoliator, Deep cleaner and moisturizer, and washing your face every day. But Hormones play a big part in Acne then again.

This is going to sound weird but it works like a charm.

Honey Mask....

Take regular store bought honey and put it in a bowl...Lightly dip the tips of your fingers into the bowl and lightly start tapping your face with the honey. As you keep tapping the honey starts to get a bit stickier and if you look in the mirror you'll see it turning into a dull white paste on your face as these are (dead layers of skin coming off).

I can't tell you how many compliments I get they day or two after I do a honey mask. It takes about a half hour to 45 minutes but it leaves my skin glowing.

I tried this yesterday and even though it really works, I definately wouldn't reccomend it for impatient people (such as myself!) :krazy::rofl

The only thing about the honey is....Any impurities deep down will be brought to the surface. I did mine last week and my face felt amazing, today however I have a third eye/volcano coming in which I usually never have. :cry1

Archived