New Dojo Loach

Levi

I went to my LFS today and picked up a dojo loach. He is in my fifty five gallon. He has two other plecos in with him and 5 fancies. The tank is usually 72-74 degrees, perfect water, do water changes 25 percent once a week. Could anybody fill me in about dojo loaches, ive done some research but couldnt find much thanx

Levi

Dojos do best when kept with a few of their own kind, so if possible, I would try to add another to keep him/her company.

They are really amusing fish, but have a few special requirements. They must have a really tight fitting lid with no holes, since they are amazing escape artists. I seal up even the smallest holes in any tank lid housing a dojo. I once had a tragedy where one of my dojos got out around the opening for the filter and was greeted by a waiting cat.

They do well in cool water, like goldfish. They will eat the same foods as your goldfish. They love to burrow in the gravel, so the gravel in a tank should not be sharp, but well rounded. Often you will not see them at all and think they have escaped, only to find that they are buried in the gravel with just their noses protruding.

They are quite long lived and become very tame. Enjoy your dojo!

Thanx for all the info! I dont have a Top on my fifty five gallon i just have a long bulb hanging above it, I dont have the money for a lid right now so i will put a piece of wood on their thanx

Levi

Archived