Thats Cruel

tropicana

So i was staying at my friends house who keeps a tropical and goldfish tank. Oe of his mothers goldfish nipped fins so their friend put it in their tropical tank with angels and other breeds of tropicals and they just let the fish nip the goldfishes fins.

When i told their friend there's better ways to treat nipping fins he said 'i work at a pet store and this is the best why'

:veryangry: when they put the goldie back he was very scared and stressed. It made me so angry seeing that poor fish suffer.

So if they had a dog that nipped others, would they put it in with a bunch of half-starved pitbulls? Some people make me so mad, and some of them would never do anything like this to any living creature other than a fish.

if you can walk and talk, you can get a job at a pet store. Some people who post on this site have years of experience in fishkeeping, and I'm sure there's a vet on here somewhere. I think all that trumps anyone who 'works at a pet store'

</rant>

So i was staying at my friends house who keeps a tropical and goldfish tank. Oe of his mothers goldfish nipped fins so their friend put it in their tropical tank with angels and other breeds of tropicals and they just let the fish nip the goldfishes fins.

When i told their friend there's better ways to treat nipping fins he said 'i work at a pet store and this is the best why'

:veryangry: when they put the goldie back he was very scared and stressed. It made me so angry seeing that poor fish suffer.

Gah, I would've let my friend have a piece of my mind. :P I'm not very polite when I know things are wrong.

You should've said: "Really? You work at a petstore? Which one is it so I know NEVER TO SHOP THERE!"

:blink: Common sense should have really been enough ,but the longer I'm here,the more I realize that there are just some people with no common sense what so ever, :(

As for that person working in a Pet Store,well go figure....Most times they are unexperienced,"Just needed a job",kind of people,so I'd never rely soley on what a Pet Store person says to begin with. Poor Goldie.....

The next time they try to teach their kid to not hit, too, they better punch it in the face. That's ridiculous.

A friend of mine has mentioned a coworker who thinks it would be funny to have a few beers and friends over for betta fights.

It was bad enough that my friend didn't think there was anything wrong with it, but both of them work at a pet store.

Sick.

Guest Cattrix

I don't understand the "logic" of this .... this person put the Nipper in with Angelfish so it could get a taste of its own medicine so to speak??? This makes so sense at all... A fish does not have the capacity to learn thru an experiance like that,,, it is a FISH... not to say that fish are not intelligent to a certain point... but was this a punishment? That is ridicules! Put the Nippy fish in its own tank if it is causing injures to its tank mates but it is not going to learn anything from being scared or stressed itselfl.

I don't get it.... shaking head :unsure:

I don't understand the "logic" of this .... this person put the Nipper in with Angelfish so it could get a taste of its own medicine so to speak??? This makes so sense at all... A fish does not have the capacity to learn thru an experiance like that,,, it is a FISH... not to say that fish are not intelligent to a certain point... but was this a punishment? That is ridicules! Put the Nippy fish in its own tank if it is causing injures to its tank mates but it is not going to learn anything from being scared or stressed itselfl.

I don't get it.... shaking head :unsure:

People are just silly. They work one week in a petshop and they think they're a fish-whisperer or something. :P