New Cory Cat

Torbe

Well, yesterday, I bought two baby cories, and the petstore promised to get a new shipment in to get my third. Unfortunately, one of the two that I bought was blind in one eye and gave the pet store owner a terrible time catching her. As a result last night she hemmoraged and died in my tank, so now I'm left with just one little guy. It's going to take five days before the shipment of new cories arrive. How long can my one guy live without having the other two for companionship? I am going to have my parents try to pick up two more tonight when they head into Tulsa for something, But I don't have any garantees that they can since my Dad will be coming back from a very long trip. I'm very happy that my one little guy lived and I named him Gatito, the one that died, I had named Kitten. I'll give one of my other two that I get the name Kitten II.

I don't think your fish will die without a buddy for a few days. I have two cories right now and they often spend time alone, they each have their own little cave that they like to hide it. Sometimes they socialize, but they seem fine apart too.

Chrissy

That's really sad that you lost the one Cory like that. :(

Don't stress about your lone Cory as he'll be fine until you get him some buddies.There have been many people over the years that have bought just one Cory because they didn't know any better,and the fish did okay.

Buying at least 3 of them just makes them feel happier and more secure within their group.

I have owned tons of Cories all of my fish life,and they really do love being with their "buds"

so the lone little guy will have a big grin when you do add the other 2.

Good luck with them. :)

Your cory will do fine because I had an albino cory for a year before I knew that I had to buy him some friends, and that is when I added two bronze corries, they lived until like the second week in January when Missouri had that big ice storm and my power was out for 5 days and I lost all my fish except for my goldfish and my cherry barb and the snails of course. Good luck and please keep us updated! Could you post pictures of your new tank mate?

I'm glad to hear that cories can go with out having three of a kind for a time. Tonight my Dad got back from his trip to Mexico, and he bought a tiny little panda cory cat at vvvv on his way home. :newfish:happydance:heart I named this lil dude Payacito. By the way, how can you tell wether you have a male or female with cory cats? The one that I had that died was a female according to the petstore owner, and she was loaded with eggs.

Glad you got a new cat buddy! But it's true they will be fine alone. I have 2 in my 10 gal and 3 in the 20 but they often spend time apart from each other. For awhile I just had one cory and one platy together in the quarantine tank and the lone cory just went on about his business looking for food like nothing was different. Didn't seem to mind at all.

:exactly

Archived