Prazi In The Uk

yazooo

Just thought this might be of some interest to the UK folks.

Ive found a product, for fish, for sale within the UK and Europe that is a treatment for Flukes which is praziquantel.

Tremazol by Sera.

Available for purchase online from

http://www.fishandfins.co.uk/sera-aquarium-treatments.htm

Im not enitrely sure how Sera manages to by pass the legislation that prevents other manufacturers from selling the same things. They do also make Baktopur Direct which is the antibiotic nifurpirinol, again technically illegal I thought. I saw in a British fishkeeping magazine that when they challenged Sera about this they simply said that their products were fully licensed and that was that! Im not complaining though, access to these drugs can be a literal lifesaver for some fish.

After reading above I think I had better stock up on my Baktopur/Baktopur Direct as those two sera products have saved a few fish for me.

After reading above I think I had better stock up on my Baktopur/Baktopur Direct as those two sera products have saved a few fish for me.

Just letting you know that I found the article that discussed this and it says that any company selling antibiotics in fish remedies (and there are apparently 7 different ones, I only know of two!) in the UK have until November 2007 to stop selling these products or they will be prosecuted and fined.

• 3 years later...

Archived