Over Nite Change

Dayna

About two weeks ago, my son bought me a new calico oranda. Who's name is mopsey. She has been in quaretine all this time. water conditions are pristine. Her win, cheeks ect. were white... This am. I got up and turned her light on and went into shock.. they are no longer white but bright red. I have never seen the likes. She seems fine. active and sociable. and hunger.LOL.. Has any one eles seen this happen over night? Is this normal? I have had fish for years. this one has floored me. Please let me know if they have had this happen or if something is wrong with her.

Hi Dayna, what a lovely gift.

I see that you have posted all is well with the water and so on, but we need actual numbers to help give us a clearer picture of what could be going on.

Also answering the rest of the questions will be helpful.

Post back soon, hopefully we can figure out if there is something going on or if it could be normal color change.

Also a picture would be good if you can get one.

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. To make a long story short. I had to go buy a new computor. Mopsey is still doing well. The red is now going back to white, but not as fast as it turned red.. here are my water readings.

ph...7.4

ammonia... 0 ppm

nitrite 0

Gh and KH is between 100 - 200

I will have to try and get some more pictures of her. I lost all of them on my old computor. Didnt have them in my photobucket account yet. I still cant figure out how it happened so fast with the change. and why is it now going back to white? Its very odd..

Archived