Anyone Have A Fish Change Color Quick? More Of Mars.

IloveSpaceboy

2 1/2 weeks ago...

Mars-6.jpg

3 days ago...

100_2335.jpg

10 minutes ago...

100_2380.jpg

100_2374.jpg

100_2370.jpg

100_2379.jpg

Has anyone had such a drastic change in their fish in this short a time. He's going to be all white by next Saturday at this rate.

I think every few days I'll post a new pic in here to track his change.

I have a calico ranchu whose head and part of his tailfin has turned yellow within 3 weeks. It actually looks pretty neat considering his body is mostly blue with a few orange and black markings. Otherwise healthy! Weird.

Angela

Impressive. I've never even heard of a fish changing colors that fast! :) It almost makes me wonder if there isn't something wrong. (But I doubt it, based on how healthy he looks!) :)

My pearlie, "Golfball" is changing color on a daily basis but not nearly as much as Mars! :blink:

I'm watching everything super close to make sure there's nothing wrong, and everything with him seems perfectly normal. He's grown another 1/4 inch in the past 3 weeks as well. He's just gotten his breeding stars since the water has warmed up a bit. He's eating the same food he's been on and I haven't changed anything.

rwested, yeah he's the one that started off mostly black, then to mostly orange, then half orange half white, then his fins changed to orange and now he's turning white.

All my other orange fish have turned a deeper hue of orange or stayed the same, it's just him. I have to admit, if it doesn't have any health related thing to it...I'm liking the change. Phoenix, my female goldie, seems incredibly more interested in him now. I've never seen the two of them so inseparable. She follows him and only leaves his side for a few seconds before she returns to him.

He's gone back into his 'Hitler' stage. Only this time his toupee and mustache are red, lol.

He's gone back into his 'Hitler' stage. Only this time his toupee and mustache are red, lol.

:rofl

Holy cow I can't believe the change, he's a beautiful fish...And getting more handsome by the day. Perhaps he figured he needed a makeover to impress the ladies. :o

:rofl

Holy cow I can't believe the change, he's a beautiful fish...And getting more handsome by the day. Perhaps he figured he needed a makeover to impress the ladies. :o

He has sparked Phoenix's interest that's for sure. I just hope it's nothing health related, but I don't think it is.

I almost can't wait for him to go completely white, since at this point I think it's inevitable. It took me over 10 minutes to type this because I keep looking at him, lol.

What a cool fish you have there! The pic in my sig shows my gf with white on his back. He used to be all peach colored then he lightened up pretty quickly but only on his back and sides. Then it stopped and he's been this way for months. He is quite healthy and active so I don't know why the change.

I love it, the color changing. It really excites me, I just wish I knew what was causing it. The biology major in me is dying to know.

I just noticed that the last picture of I have him is pretty awesome. I was so focused on him that I never looked inside the bubbles to see his body reflected in both of them. Sorry, I'm just always surprised with what I get from pictures.

Your fish are beautiful! He looks like the fish I found yesterday, you know the comets in the indoor pond! I'm quite sure they have been changing too, because there have always been orange fish in there before!

That's an interesting point about seasonal change in colour. Perhaps it's tied to breeding behaviour. You did mention that your female has become more interested in him since the colour change. I've noticed that since my ranchu has developed a yellow head that he has been nudging the females more. You should keep a picture record to see if your guy darkens up again later on in the year.

Angela

I was wondering if it was seasonal or tied to breeding behavior, since this is about the same time of year that he started to lose his black last year. That transformation took about a month. Phoenix has been more interested in him and he's been doing a little chasing of her every once in awhile. I've been doing some research and I haven't been able to find much about color-change being associated with any form of breeding or seasonal change.

Trust me, there won't be any problem with me taking pictures to track his color progress, lol. I'm a picture-holic.

Yeah, I posted some new ones in one of the other ones, since I couldn't find this one for some reason. Here are the newest pics from tonight.

So these are from three days after the last pics that were posted.

100_2475.jpg(that's Mithra in the pic as well)

100_2470.jpg

100_2455.jpg

So, his progress has slowed. I'm happy about it though. I like his little sideburns, toupee and mustache. He's not completely white but his toupee, sideburns and mustache have all become thinner...he's balding...sorry.

I love him even more white as well. He's always been beautiful to me, but now he's just drop dead gorgeous. At night when I have the light on him sometimes he'll look almost pearl colored from reflections of various colors on his scales; so pretty.

I'm so happy I've been able to catch this change on 'film' (digital actually). I hope he keeps the color in his fins, I think it just helps him stand out even more. I want him to keep his mustache too.

Phoenix has been slowly losing her orange and I was thinking "I want at least one mostly white fish!", apparently Mars took it to heart.

Yep! My Dustin lost the majority of his black in the space of two weeks. Infact a bunch of it almost seemed to just vanish overnight! I put pics in the sticky at the top of this forum today.

Archived