Too Cute To Not Share

Dhlusak

A friend sent me a bunch of the painted cat pics the other day! Some were beautiful and it said that some people spent up to $15,000 to get their cat painted! :cry1

But had to have them redone as the hair grows out.

Actually this is all a fake out. Several years ago a book was written called "Why paint cats". It is a follow up to "why cats paint".

It is meant as a coffee table book for cat lovers. The authors haven't really came clean on exactly how the cats were painted, there is speculation that alot of it is computer generated.

There is also sublines somewhere in the book that vegtable oil was used, as cats do lick themselves so no harm was done.

I myself got an email with several of these pictures and being in the animal world did research, for I couldn't believe that people actually did this and for that much money. "Tis how I found out so much on it.

Some of the pics are really gorgeous.

Mygfislumpy, that is the catch. No one paid that to have their cat painted. It is all a farce, gag, trick. Each "cat" and owner have a story, all fiction.

In some countrys they have pet salon were you can have your pets hair dyed whatever color you want. The salons use special products that won't harm the animals if the dye is ingested or absorbed through the skin.

Lauriep, I saw your previous post. This is what I meant. I actually mixed 2 posts up int one. The one quoted above and the one by vmlola. (oops.)

Ok, just didn't want you to be mislead.

I was so upset when I was first sent this email. I couldn't believe that people did this. So it took me an hour or so to sort thru all the stuff I found on it.

It actually looks to be a cool book, of course now that we know it is not true.

At first I hadn't an idea what it was. And then again with a second look. And then the third I was like Oh a cat.

But before that I was like Is that some sort of land fish? What is wrong with that fish? Is that real? Is it a pinyauta (sp?).

Very Interesting.

Archived