Bn Plecos And Loaches

glitterfish

I just moved my 2 huge loaches to my 75 gallon that has 2 bristlenose plecos in it already. Are they compatible with eachother? I guess I should have thought of that before moving them over. :rolleyes:

Oh and they are weather loaches. :)

Edited by glitterfish

I'm sure that they will.Occasionally,they swim over my Bristle,when he's hanging off the side of the wood,and his bristles start shaking as if he's trying to sweep them off,but he's never gone after them or anything. :rolleyes::D

I have had no trouble with Dojos and bristlenose plecs, but I *have* had trouble with the plecs stripping my slower goldfish of slime and scales, sometimes killing the goldfish.

Now I keep a couple of adult bristlenose plecos separately where they can breed, and I use some half-grown youngsters to clean the other tanks. I also trade in extra plecos at my favorite fish store.

Caroline in San Jose

Thanks for the info Caroline. The reason I got bristles is because they dont get very big and arent knowing for bothering goldfish so much. I have had them for awhile with no problems but got rid of my golden pleco when I found this site. ;)