We Lost Marigold This Morning

Guest Marigold's Mom

Guest Marigold's Mom

:cry1 Well, we lost Marigold this morning. She had been ill for a few days. She was spending alot of time at the surface trying to get air so I just figured it was due to the Nitrites since our tank has not yet cycled. Last night, she started isolating herself. Then the flashing and rubbing against her air tube began. I got on the computer and discovered she had chilodonella. I had never heard of this but in just a few hours she had EVERY symptom. I check on her again and was going to isolate her and treat her when I saw Lilly flash and rub against the tubing. I treated the whole tank with Malachite Green (sp?).

Now the really sad part. I checked on them this morning and Marigold was lying on the bottom behind her favorite plant; Lilly by her side. I sprinkled in a couple fish flakes to see if they would come up to eat. Normally, Lilly would dart right up and dig in. This time, she swam half way up, then back down and nudged Marigold enough that she could get underneath her to swim her to the surface so she could eat. I just sat there watching this while crying like a baby. She managed to get her half way up the tank when she lost her and Marigold fell back to the bottom. Lilly just went right back down and layed beside her. I removed Marigold from the tank, changed the water & cleaned the ornaments. Lilly was a little confused at first, swimming around searching for Marigold. She seems fine now. She's playing in the bubbles from her bubble curtain and playing with her reflection in the tank. Hopefully I got the meds to her soon enough to kill the parasite. It's funny how such a small creature can be so much joy then so much sorrow when you lose one.

RIP Marigold....We Love You

I'm so sorry for your loss :cry1 Hope you feel better soon :hug

:rip: Marigold gone but your memory and joy you brought live on forever :cry1

Guest Marigold's Mom
:cry1 Thanks everyone for your kind words. It has been a hard day so far. It is good to see Lilly swimming and appearing healthy and happy. :please I'm praying she's going to be ok.

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of lovely Marigold. I thought she was the prettiest thing! Sometimes I would enlarge your photo just to look at her! I am going to miss her too! :cry1

Archived