Sir Elton John Concert,

vmlola

:) I'm so excited! Tonight is the first of three concerts I'm going to over the next four weeks.

Sir Elton John will be here tonight and will play to a rather large sold out show. I have not really followed his career much since the 70's, but I did like his music then and hope to hear many of his hits that I remember from high school and college. I had so many favorites back then, I just can not wait! :krazy: I think it will be a really good show. The tickets were a bit pricey of course, so I'm hoping that we can see him, but if not at least we can hear him. I'm going with my good friend Val, whom I drag to all the concerts I get tickets for.

I'll let you all know how it was when I get home. And for you younger members, you can Google him to learn all about him. :rofl

I know Elton! :hide::D He performs his songs with a lot of passion and his songs are always moving. Not that I've seen him live but we get his concerts on satellite here...mmm maybe we'll see him at one of these too..if so will look out for you in the audience VM ( with your picnic hamper :rofl )

Anyway that's exciting! Your friend Val is lucky too :)

:nana Have fun Lola! Lucky girl with all the concerts! :D My dad used to love Elton John so I know quite a few off a certain album.. "Im still standing" was a good one. Looking forward to hearing how it went! :heart

:) Well, let me say that the concert last night was Wonderful! I felt like I was back in college. Elton John put on a great show. His songs were fantastic and of course his piano playing is the best.

The concert lasted about 2 1/2 hours and he never slowed down. His band members are also wonderful.

Elton was dressed in a black suit with a long coat with turquoise sequins running down both arms. He played so many of his older songs, which I was really hoping for, and some were, Bennie and the Jets, Rocket Man, Tiny Dancer, Crocodile Rock, Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting, Believe, I Guess Thats Why They Call It The Blues, Someone Saved My Life Tonight, I'm Still Standing, The ###### Is Back, Mona Lisas and Mad Haters, Candle In The Wind, Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me, and Your Song. I may have missed some, but these I remember.

Any how, I am so glad I got to go, it was one of those that won't be forgotten. :heart

I just looked at this post and of course those of you that know Elton John will know what song the ###### are for! HeHe!

Oh, you are an Elton John fan too?? :thud I looove the guy, and went to every concert he gave in the South Florida area while I lived there. Quite a few the last years, but none recently. I hope he'll give some concert in his second home town, Atlanta, which is only 3 hours away from me.

Don't you like his voice like nuts? It has gotten so much deeper over the last two years or so, and you can hear it on his last 2 CD's especially. A cool sexy voice, no matter how hold he is! When and where are the other concerts? :happydance

It does sound like you had a good time. Those older songs are so wonderful, I love them. One of my favs was Island Girl and of course Benny and the Jets. My highschool mascots were called Jets, so it was very fitting.

Archived