How Can I Tell?

Guest Repsychus

Guest Repsychus

Hello, everyone. I'm having a bit of a trouble figuring out what's up with my goldfish's head. Futa is a big old orange fantail goldfish who is getting larger and larger as the months go on. I've always though that she was going to grow up and be fairly boring, since she's just a fantail, right? I've seen all the exotic types of fish and I tell her all the time, "you and me are just plain Janes...I'm a bookworm and you're just a fantail."

Well, I think Futa may be hiding something. -_-;; You see, there's this sort of thicker orange part on her head that looks softer than the rest. It's not a disease or anything (though she is suffering from fin problems *sob*), but it could be some sort of growth? o,o It's just thickly smoothed over and my other fancies don't have this sort of growth or such a big flat head...I'm wondering....Is it a wen? ...Or something ELSE? o,o I'll get the pictures when I can! Please help!

~ Repsychus ~

No need to worry, mate. Every goldfish, even the supposedly wen-less variety, has some thickening on the head. Some more visible, some less. Usually when a goldfish gets older, the thickening will be more visible.

I think Futa is still a plain fantail as you wish it to be, she's just starting to show her age :)

I think Futa is still a plain fantail as you wish it to be, she's just starting to show her age

I agree. I've had the same experience, noticing thick skin on my fantails heads. I doubt it will turn into a full fledged wen either.

Chrissy

Guest Repsychus

Oh, thank goodness, you guys! I'm so happy to hear that Futa will not end up being prettier than me...-_-;; Then perhaps my boyfriend will have more reason to date my fish than myself. Either way, it really puts me at ease. :D Thank you all! *happy huggles*

~ Repsychus ~

Archived