Air Bubbles In Poop-what?

rwersted

Ok what does it mean when you see normal looking poop with air bubbles in it. I have seen it coming from the fish and floating at the top. I've seen it in at least one fish in each tank except for the 2 new fish in QT. Please tell me it's not something bad :hide: I am already dealing with my lionhead with finrot and my telescope with who knows what. :krazy:

Rach

Another memeber was just talking about this. It can mean a few things. If the poop looks normal it may be a female fish with a reabsorbed egg inthe poop. It can also indicate indigestion probs esp if the poop is varied color and consistency. Also can occur with a fish that eats too much I heard!

Anyway don't worry it is not usually an indicator of anything serious. You can try either fasting or feeding green foods for a few days :)

I swear that I have a bunch of females but that's just a hunch. Once in a while I see white poop but then it will be normal poop the next day. Maybe some peas for a couple of days I don't think I could fast them, they would get mad. Thanks I was waiting to at least hear one opinion before going to bed.

Good-night then rwersted- :) The poop usually otherwise looks normal so don't worry. My females have done this poop on and off for years! Just keep an eye on them, as you are doing :D

Floating poo and air bubbles could also mean that you're just plain overfeeding,or that the fish is swallowing too much air when eating.What do you feed,and do you presoak your food?

I feed, progold and medigold for the sick ones. Sometimes spirulina soft pellets. I just started soaking the food after trying to search around and get some info on this. I feed twice a day and they are pigs. But I didn't think I was overfeeding. I probably give 2, 3-4 inch fish 10 pellets total twice daily-too much?

Archived