whisper 5-15

once a week usually 50%

2 lionheads both about 2 inches

slime coat (has purifier in it)

cycle

pimafix (about a week ago)

no new fish

TetraFin for goldfish

about a week or two ago one of the lionheads had what appeared to be anchor worms

and fungus treated for fungus and gave both fish a salt bath and removed the anchor worms

on meds for a week now the one lionhead that had anchorworms her tail is turning black in some parts just a little bit near the ends

the lionhead w/ black is sitting near the bottom but gets up and swims around

what are these black spots? is it a sign of healing? what should i do?

please help! thanks so much.

I see your nitrites are very high, high enough to make the fish sick. I think some major water changes can bring it down.

With the nitrites showing so high, my bet is that you have recently had an ammonia problem. (that is the black you are seeing, the ammonia burns healing).

Do you have a test to test for ammonia? If not I would highly recommend getting one.

You will need to monitor that water closely, for you are overstocked. Are you aware of that?

Hopefully with some water changes and some testing you can clear up this problem and help the fish out.

What did you treat the anchorworm with?

Guest omgitsmatthewt

i just did a salt bath and removed them

and i am aware that i am overstocked, but they got moved into the 10 gallon from a 2.5 gallon (which i got for xmas) and the 10 is the biggest my parents would allow

Be on the look out for any red spots where the Anchor worm was hooked into the fish,and keep an eye so that those marks don't become infected.You'll need pristene water for that,so you'll want to make sure that your Ammonia and Nitrites are at 0 and that your Nitrates are under 20ppms.

:D No problem Hun,just keep up with those water changes and don't let those Nitrites get so high.Definately invest in a complete Master Drop test Kit,as they are the most accurate,or at least buy an ammonia test kit. ;) Continued luck and if you have any more questions for us---just fire away. :D

Archived