I Got A New Baby Oranda

Guest Aimless

Guest Aimless

I have a few questions I have owned fantails and have done great with them and as of now I have a 55 gallon tank with 1 fantail, 1 black moore, and my newly added oranda whom I have named "punkin" I will have pictures very soon!!...I was just wondering in the best interest of my oranda haw can I help in his develpoment and the development of his wen? any advice is helpful.

Thanks,

Aimless

the water is clean but the picture is terrible...sorry i'll get better ones later

post-8917-1172178575_thumb.jpg

I was just wondering in the best interest of my oranda haw can I help in his develpoment and the development of his wen?

Here is what I would do,

-give them 10x fiteration.

-do not add anymore into the tank.

-feed them every 4 hours. (small a mount of food, different kind)

-do a 70% water change twice a week.

For wen, I would feed them Hikari Lionhead, bloodworm.

Very cute fish! :D He probably will not keep the black though so be prepared! My Martin looked just like that when I got him but now hes all orange with white on the tail. I still love him just the same though. :heart

For the wen you want high protein! Fred made some good suggestions. :)

small_ranchu gave great ideas, but I don't know if I would remove 70% of the water twice a week. Maybe a total of 70% removed twice a week, like 35% one day and 35% the next. I do 35%-50% water changes once a week and my baby oranda(already had a pretty nice wen) is growing like crazy.

BTW- I really like the round plump body on your new baby.

This is why I do 70% twice a week.

I feed my fish at 6:30 AM(progold) , 10:30 AM(Hikari Lionhead/ Japan Ranchu Lord/Omega One mix), 2:30 PM(mix again), 6:30 PM (blood worm) and 8:30PM ( algae flake or pea). Becareful, I only feed small amount each time. Bloodworm is easy to digest, so I can feed again after two hours at 8:30.

Since I feed very frequent, Nitrate build up very fast. I like to keep nitrate under 20.

This is why I do 70% twice a week.

I feed my fish at 6:30 AM(progold) , 10:30 AM(Hikari Lionhead/ Japan Ranchu Lord/Omega One mix), 2:30 PM(mix again), 6:30 PM (blood worm) and 8:30PM ( algae flake or pea). Becareful, I only feed small amount each time. Bloodworm is easy to digest, so I can feed again after two hours at 8:30.

Since I feed very frequent, Nitrate build up very fast. I like to keep nitrate under 20.

You don't have problems with the cycle?

Archived