Snail Photo's

Katalyst

A few weeks ago I purchased a chocolate apple snail. He is the cutest little thing ever, after relocating my pit bull oranda Patches, Davy Wheels now has free reign of a 20 gallon and seems to be having a ball with himself.

Although the first day I had him he did crawl out of a small opening and I found him sunning himself stuck to my kitchen window! :blink: Wish I had a picture.

Anyway I'm planning on ordering a few snails from Peggy at Northern Snails and I'd love to see photo's of everyone else's. I love the blue, magenta & purple one's they are so pretty.

I'm also wondering has anyone bred colored apple snails? What colors were the offspring?

Looking forward to seeing all of your photo's!

:D Ive had many apple snails and 2 jades bred. I had jades, chocolate, blue, ivory and yellows from them. They have all passed for some reason. I reloacted a bunch to Maceo and another person as far as I know theyre doing fine. I only have one snail left, Chaquita. Hes a big ole yellow beast. Here are pics of him.

When I first got him.

yellowsnail.jpg

Now he is a beast! :D

chaquitaoutjune06.jpg

chaquitajune06.jpg

Funny pic of one of my striped snails.

snailiepoo.jpg

I've got loads of snail pics....here a few

100_3966.jpg

100_3863.jpg

Both of those were of the same snail, my male cana. Heres a couple of my female cana:

100_3510.jpg

P1010638.jpg

And my marisas

100_3647.jpg

My Haustrum, I know he looks funny shaped but thats just the angle I took the pic

P1010656.jpg

Wow those are some HUGE snails! Erin I love the striped snail photo, very cute!

Nick those cana's seem so tame and relaxed. My little guy is still not super comfortable being picked up and locks up tight when touched. Then again living with my terror of an oranda for a day I'm sure didn't help.

Thanks for the photo's! I can't wait to own a Cana....Someday...

Yay, I get to show off! :D

Here are a few pics another applesnail member (Aquaria) took of some babies I sent her:

aquariamagenta.jpg

The whole group when I sent them- aquariagroup.jpg

The same group about three months later -

aquariagroupolder.jpg

Then some of the pictures I took (not nearly so nice)

My red rams (gathered into a cup for sale picture reasons) - redrams.jpg

Some of my spixis - 3-10-06089.jpg

And a couple adult brigs, from a picture I took for selling some of my "overstocked colors" on Aquabid - Jun19453.jpg

Yes, now I know how to take MUCH better aquatic pics, but I've been spending too much time photographing my fish since then and haven't gotten many snails on there. Sorry for so many posted, I love my snails!

Sushi I'd love to see your blues! I missed your post earlier while drooling over Nick and Erin's photo's. Wyofish those are some beauties! I've never seen a red snail, not sure if anyone sells them in Canada. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. I'm wondering in the large chain stores like the Pet-Mart do they have more then ivories and chocolates? There's one about 45 minutes away but if they have snails as cute as yours I'd be game for the ride.

:) Great pics of all your snails everyone.I've had a few tons of snails in the last 3 years,and I've always enjoyed them,but when you start doing multiple snail/babies,they can be almost as much work as goldies. :rolleyes:

Kat,trust me when I say that you don't need any Red Ramshorns.Believe me,you'll be happier if you find some magenta Apple Snails. :exactly

I have to say that after my Chewie passed,I've kind of lost interest in my snails.I still have some,but the only ones I let reproduce are the Spixi's. :)

Awww Devs I've read all the Chewie threads and am sorry you lost him. :cry1 There seem to be tons of Chewie babies out there though. :):heart

I've been reading about rams and couldn't agree more, I'll stick to the brigs. I'm still reading about them and am going to see how the one I have now works out before getting a bunch more. They sure do poop an awful lot! :o

Spixis seem pretty cute too...

I just can't decide what I want to do empty planted tank, planted tank with a betta. Or snail tank. :) The first one sounds the easiest. I think. :blink:

Edited by Katalyst

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aimless

Here are a picture of my white mystery snail "Sherry" and my blue snail "Gary". The first snail's I have ever owned just got them 2 weeks ago.

post-8917-1173506553_thumb.jpg

:D The couple pics of the big snails are snails ,that are meant to grow Big. Cana's,Haustrum's grow a lot bigger than your typical Pomacea bridgesii,or your Brig Applesnails.

Although in all fairness,I have to say that over time I had some fairly big Brig Snails,they just will never get as big as the other Apple's that I mentioned Fish&Bird Freak.

Apple snails will grow big and healthy with proper water params and ph,a daily selection of fresh greens and food,and a good source of calcium.If you're doing all of that,then they'll get as big as the breed determines. :D

Holy cow Devs those are some H U G E brigs! I haven't gotten any more snails as I've become greedy and my empty planted tank is going to become a QT tank for a goldie I'm hoping. My poor snail is in my 150 but inside a 4 gallon critter keeper at the bottom. Otherwise my oranda has taking to sucking on his shell and swimming around with him it her mouth! She's my maniac fish lol. Its also the only way he'd ever eat as well. Eventually I'll end up with a betta tank and stick him in it.

I'm going to the Fish Sempai's Farm tommorrow with Daust (Angela) and I'm so excited!

I wish it was tommorrow already I feel like a kid at Christmas! :)

Thanks for posting your pictures!

Aimless I love that blue snail, its so pretty! :heart

:yeah: Well,I sure hope that you and Angela will behave yourselves to some degree.And pssst...............

If you see any Black Bubble Eyes,or Black Celestials,let me know,for that is my new search. :rofl

He's got em and does ship to the US. I've spoken to him about them. He has blacks, oranges, orange and white and cali bubble eyes. :heart At the moment I'm thinking I may end up with a telescope which would then mean I would need a sighted challenged tank and then bubble eyes here I come!

• 2 weeks later...