Sign in to follow this  
dickey_moe

Now... Don't Blame Me, It Was Not My Fault!

His name is Cheeto. My honey talked me into him. He's a pudgy lil' tub o' butta.

Oh, he doesn't have ich. It's just bubbles on his new tank.

Of course its not YOUR fault... :rofl He followed you home right? :tomuch: Either way he's very cute! Is he going in with Dickey?

:) He is very cute! And I love his name, very good choice.

Thanks everyone! Now, My honey does not care at all for fish. He wanted me to have this fish and the poor almost dead skinny one that was spinning around in the current. I was stunned! He actually went back to get "Floaty" today for me to save, but the angelfish had come for him and he is in the big pond in the sky (mercifully). I fully expect he will buy the little froggy green one that was still there, the weekend is coming..

You see? It really had nothing to do with me!! O.k. I saw the fish a few weeks ago and I am surprised no one snatched him up. So, you might say he was meant to be with me. Being cute certainly helped him.

Then on the way home I said "We have to get this silly little Cheeto home!" and it stuck.

New fish for me!

He is not living with Dickey because Dickey and Glurp are too big. This guy is only an inch in body. So, He is in with Moops and Shmoopie. THey can all do quarantine together.

You should have seen the Nitrate in his bag! I have never seen a test result that deep in color before!!

You should have seen the poop too! I think he lost half his body weight just in poop. it's a poop marathon! He hasn't stopped! I fed him a pea, I haven't see it yet if ya know what I mean!!

:newfish:happydance

Cheeto is cute and lucky. Congrats! :D

Well, I was right....... Honey came home and handed me a bag from the pet store. Much to my surprise, it was not just the froggy green one but his tankmate as well! A calico! We have had the "fish talk" as now we are overstocked and in need of a larger tank and new filter, thermometer etc.. Cheeto's tankmates are now waving hello from the next tank.

They are not pretty fish. They are mutt ranchus and endearingly homely. My Honey just couldn't stand the thought of them dying like "Floaty" did. I don't blame Him really.

So, for names I am thinking....Gumby for the green one, and Cupcake for the calico. I may change my mind on cupcake.

You realize you've just dated yourself by calling one of them "Gumby" :D I used to work in a flower shop and the owner was just a couple of years older than me. We had a 16 year old along with us on a delivery one day. As we got out of the van we noticed a gumby doll on the ground. My boss and I immediately started singing "he was once just a little green ball of clay...Gumby!". The 16 year old looked at us and said "What's a gumby?" :rofl Poor deprived teenager!!!

Angela

I'm 22 and I know who gumby is. Great, now I feel old at 22, I'm in for a mid-life crisis by 30 at this rate.

Congrats on all the little ones and I think they're adorable. I love the underdogs. I got my little lionhead (Skittles) from wal...mart. I know, bad me, but I love her to death despite the crick in her spine. I saw her in a tank with some sick fish and she was the only one who looked healthy so I brought her home.

I love their names too. Cheeto is just too cute and Gumby you can't be. Cupcake is adorable since it looks like he has sprinkles.

I had considered calling Cupcake 'Pokey" too. :D

That would be cute! If you decide to get two more fish you could call them "Davey and Goliath"! :D

I don't knooooooow Daaaaaaaaavey! I almost named him Giblet. He looks like something you would pull out of a chicken. Gumby was more polite. and Cupcake is not orange enough to be Pokey, who was of course very orange. My honey thinks I should have gone with giblet.

but as ILoveSpaceboy said: "he looks like he has little sprinkles all over"

Awww I think they are very cute, they just need a little tlc. Lucky little fish! Your house is just the place for them to get it as well. :heart