Snow Trip!

jsrtist

This weekend we headed up to the mountains to go snowboarding. Here in the Valley we are fortunate to have the Sierra Nevada mountains about an hour east of us and the coast about 2 hours west of us.

Here are some pics?

Getting snowed on!

snowtrip1.jpg

A view of Huntington Lake through the snow (it was coming down pretty hard at this point):

huntington.jpg

Driving down the mountain:

driving.jpg

Absolutely beautiful Jenny! What a breathtaking site. Sure looks like you were enjoying yourself.

I see Rylee was in full spirit, all full of herself. Weren't you scared without her being on a leash?

It was a really great trip. I am so lucky to live so close to the snow without having to actually live in it!! :scared

Since Rylee's incident a year ago I have been more leery about letting her off leash. Anytime there are people or animals around I will keep her on a short leash. At the lake I kept her leashed while we were near the road and any people. At the part where I let her run free, we were very far down the shore and she seemed completely comfortable. If she ever starts hesitating to come when I call then I will leash her back up. I am a lot more cautious than I used to be but aside from the time she got spooked, she always comes running right to me when I call.

Archived