In Florida!

gialeigh

Oh Im soooo glad to be home! We got here about a week and a half ago and since then we took a vacation to south florida (cape coral) and it was just sooo beautiful! I found a tree in the nursery Ive been looking for while there. Its a green and yellow variegated pink lemon tree! I was so thrilled to find it since I couldnt get it off of ebay due to FL's laws importing citrus.

I went to a job interview today at a beautiful, HUGE retail nursery in Orlando. I landed the job and start next week!

I have to go eat dinner, but Ill be back to tell you the rest!

I miss ya'll!

MMmm dinner was good. :D

Anyways, so we now have a contract on our house in TX. Two, actually. VERY good news for us. Both people want to close before the end of March, so either way its going to be sold and over with FAST. That means we can go ahead and start looking for a home.

We are staying with his parents for right now. I love them, but I cant wait to get out of here! lol.

I am happier than Ive been in years. It just feels so good to be home again.

I applied for the Master Gardener program and I am waiting, hoping they will call me back! Apparently since there are so many people who apply for this program in this area, they cant let everyone who applies join. So I had to fill out a short application and basically sell myself to them so they'd pick me. I really hope they do, otherwise I have to wait a whole year to apply again.

All the goldfish did SOOOOO good over the trip!!! I was so thrilled. It was the best move yet! I did it differently this time.

All the goldies got their own bags. In the bags I put in 2 bag buddies tabs (adds oxygen, fish relaxer, etc, etc) and a fist sized mesh bag full of those ammonia absorbing chips. I packaged them in a large heavy duty foam cooler my boss at the fish store gave me. 20 hours later they arrived in FL with no signs of stress whatsoever, the water was clear and the fish were perky. I was sooo pleased. They are living at my mom's house right now as we have the cats, dog, and chickens with us at the MIL's.

Only one more move and we'll be done. Oh I am sooo ready to be settled. :happydance:Jig:

Oh the trip was ok. Not too long. We've done longer. This was only a day. Id say...maybe 20-22 hours or so. We stopped a few times, we took a 3 hour nap also so that held us back. Otherwise it would have been 15 hours or so if we drove straight. :)

wow kimma I know exactly where that is. Neat. I am in Altamonte now, but I did live in Orlando for a bit. It was the part by pine hills, but not the bad part. lol.

Yay, I'm so glad you are finally feeling at home!! That is the hard part about that military lifestyle, you can spend years in a place that doesn't seem like home.

I am thrilled that you got the job and am crossing my fingers that you'll be accepted to that program. I know how much it means to you.

BTW my plants are growing crazy and I now have a 20 L full of plant cuttings I'm propagating. LOL

Thats great to hear you made it back home and that all the fish made it too :)

I miss Mount Dora FL can't wait to go back on a visit.

Erin I have traveled 3 days with fish. No its not fun, but its do-able. :)

Thanks for all the nice comments, guys. :D

Archived