Gold Fish Disease - Help

Guest asim

My gold fishes are sick.

#How many fish in the tank and their size? 4

# What kind of water additives or conditioners? none

# Any medications added to the tank? none

# Add any new fish to the tank? Few new gold fish. They are already dead

# What do you feed your fish? Osaka Green 1 (spirulina Enhanced Fortmulation)

Please see pictures of sick fish. Click on the image for a larger view

fish1fp7.th.jpg

fish2io2.th.jpg

Disease : Their fins and body is covered with white fur sort of thing and they are mostly sitting at the bottom of tank. While moving, they loss balance and mostly swiming inverted down. One is already dead. Mostly there is some sort of wool like white thing attached to their body.

Please help

thanks

Hello asim and welcome to the site.

Your fish look very ill, in order to help them we are going to need all the questions answered above in the box. As well as where you are in the world, so we can recommend meds or such to you.

Post back quickly and we can go from there.

yes, all fishes are dead. :blink:

I think I should clean the tank, remove all gravel, clean it and then buy new fishes. This disease is due to putting new fishes in the tank. I bought about 5 / 6 fishes last week and put them in my tank along with old gold fish. All dead now. I think i should only go for gold fish this time as they are better than other species of fish

Any suggestion how to start off all over again

Thanks

Ok. One gold fish still alive. I have put that in another small tank with salt water as suggested by some other website. Is that ok? About the information:-

Question :- Test Results for the Following:

Ammonia Level?

Nitrite Level?

Nitrate level?

Ph Level, (If possible,KH and GH and chloramines)?

Ph Level out of the Tap?

Answer :- Sorry, i dont have testing factlity available with me.

Question : Tank size (How many Gals) and How long has it been running?

Answer : I have the tank for the last one year. I had 8 fishes, 4 goldfishes and four others.

Question: * How often do you change the water and how much?

Answer : I change half the tank water every month

Question : How many fish in the tank and their size?

Answer : I had 8 fishes (4 gold) 4 other and a water snail

Question : What kind of water additives or conditioners?

Answer : Anti clorine (5 drops) once before putting new water

# Any medications added to the tank?

Answer : none

# Add any new fish to the tank?

Answer : a week prior to disease i added 7 fishes

# What do you feed your fish?

Answer : Osaka Green 1 (spirulina Enhanced Fortmulation)

# Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt",

bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

Answer : well I am not sure, it like white threads on fins and tail of the fishes. THe shape of tail also changes (detoriated) . The same threads are all over the bottom of the tank. Can u guess it from the picture of the fish i placed here that what sorty of disease is that. Fungus or what. THe same disease have not affrected my snail.

# Any unusual behavior like staying

at the bottom, not eating, ect..?

Answer: yes the fishes are staying at the bottom along the walls of the tank and they can swim properly. I mean they just bend on one side while swimming.

Please help me. I dont want to loose my last gold fish. Any cure?

I'm so sorry to hear about your fish. :(

Before we can advise you on how to keep the current one alive, or how to create a healthy tank for future fish, we still need some more information. What size is your tank? If you don't know how many gallons it holds, you could give us the measurements. Also, what type of filter do you have?

As for the salt water- what kind of salt did you add, and how much salt did you add?

Thanks, and good luck!

Don't buy any fish right now. As Zelanie said, we need to address the current problem before you ventured out to buy new fish and got problems again.

Along with the dimensions of the main tank, we also need to find out how big is the small tank the lone fish is in and how much salt did you put in. Please provide us with accurate answers.

Hi asim - I just want to add that before you get any more fish, it's so important to get some test kits, especially for pH (ammonia, nitrites and nitrates - are all extremely important also). Looking at your pictures, it could be a ph crash (which is just one of several possibilities) which is when the ph drops to a deadly level of 6.0 or under and to give you an idea of what it can do, it's like placing a fish in an acid bath which results in their slime coat burning off.

Having said that, it may also be something else but we'll never know unless you can give us your water parameters.

So I would go with the advice of the others and not get any fish for now - at least not until you have an opportunity to gain a good understanding of how their health interacts with water qualiy, tank size, space and filtration and I guarantee that once you get a handle on the basics, you'll have much more success :)

Archived