I May Have To Move :(

lepirin

Oh my Potato! I am freaking out right now... I live with my parents, and my mother has been away taking care of my 100 year old great grandmother for the last year or so... and I just found out that when Mimi (my great grandmother) passes... my mother doesn't want to move back here. Parents haven't been together for years (but we all live together)... but she refuses to live in this state again. She wants to sell the house, which means I'm gonna have to move!

I don't even know if either parent will let me live with them, and I really don't want to live by myself, particularly since right now I can't hold down a job for more than a month and a half without having a mental breakdown (has happened several times).

I'm so freaking out, I have no clue how long I have left before everything gets all screwed up. I do not want to live with just my father, and living with my mother means moving about 1500 miles away, or possibly further. I'd have to move my fish, and I would be scared that I'd lose them on that long of a trip, not to mention we'd be using a U-Haul, so I wouldn't be able to have them actually *with* me in the car, but in the back of a U-Haul... which seems like a horrible option, since it will most likely be Summer or Winter when the move happens, which means really high or really low temperatures in the back of the truck.

I should never have gotten fish when I was not the one in control of my living situation... this so sucks.

Sounds like a tough time for you all. Hopefully you have some time to think it all through carefully and talk it out with friends and family if possible. Change doesn't have to be bad and may open new doors for you :)

Sounds like a tough time for you all. Hopefully you have some time to think it all through carefully and talk it out with friends and family if possible. Change doesn't have to be bad and may open new doors for you :)

Great post Trinket! I'm so sorry things aren't going well for you right now hon but as Trinket put it when one door closes another one always opens! Hang in there kiddo and keep us posted on how things are going. :grouphug

LE - First rule - "Don't panic," Next, try to focus on your future vision. Where do you want to be in 20 years? What do you want to be doing? If you focus on your future vision, then today's issues are only obstacles to be knocked down in order to get there. If you focus on near term issues, they become like Mount Everest.

Remember, don't panic.

Dennis

:) Sometimes the situation seems much worse then it really is when you panic, which I know is easy to do. But once things settle down maybe the solution will be easier then what you thought. Give it some time and some real thought to what your options are and it may be a bit easier.

Warm thoughts and good wishes for you and your future. :heart

Aww dont panic. You know, things always work out in the end. I believe everything happens for a reason and that no matter what happens, it was going to happen that way no matter what, because it is fate. You just have to take it and deal with it the best you can. Just remember that things ALWAYS work out in the end. Dont worry.

Oh and dont worry about moving fish. Ive moved mine something like 4 or 5 times in the last year. Just PM me and Ill tell ya how you can do it. And Ive moved across the country with them. :)

Archived