Graduate School

Maceo

I thought I'd let you guys know about the status of my grad school applications. Thus far, I've been accepted to Florida State University, and wait listed at Georgetown! :D Georgetown received over 100 applications for 10 spots! :krazy: So I think to be wait listed is pretty darn good! And hey it's not a flat out no! I am still waiting on Chapel Hill and Boston University, which is where I really want to go, so everyone keep your fingers and fins crossed!!! and on a side note I am watching the Gene Wilder Willy Wonka and he was talking about his chocolate river having 10,000 gph turnover and my first thought was man, that's a great filter, I wish I had one!! :rofl

I think you'll love grad school and the people you'll meet there and do really well wherever you go. To be waitlisted is awesome :panana . You seem so driven I just know you'll get what you want and go far :) Be sure to keep us posted :exactly

Thanks guys you are so sweet! I will totally keep y'all updated as the acceptance letters roll in (we hope).

Svendenhowser, grad school is indeed like your post grad. I going for a masters now and hopefully a PhD after that!

:) Maceo,congrats,that's wonderful news.All the schools you've mentioned are quite impressive,but I really hope you get the "Thumbs Up" for the one that you prefer. :exactly

Thanks! I am very excited! I still haven't heard a peep from the other two, I hope they're fighting over how much money they want to give me! :rofl

Daryl, I am interested in Art History, Early American portraiture in particular and I want a program that offers museum internship opportunities as well

Chrissy- Good Luck to you too I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I didn't get into Boston, we'll see about Chapel Hill... I'm not too upset about Boston, I really wanted to go there but it wasn't meant to be...

it wasn't meant to be...

Great attitude, I tend to think the same way. Last year I didn't get into a school and I was so dissappointed, but now I have two opportunities which I never would have had if I'd got in. Maybe you didn't get in for a reason. I hope you hear from the others soon, keep us updated!

Chrissy

I agree with Chrissy, maybe there is something better for you and you aren't aware of it yet.

A positive attitude is great to have, good luck with the other school.

I cross my fingers and hope the best for you!!!

I hope that you find the program that you want, and the school that fits you. Best of luck to you, I can't wait to hear an update. :D

Archived