Lost Two Fish

TetraLover

:krazy::krazy::krazy::krazy::krazy::krazy:

Anyone know if SouthWest Florida is doing some water stuff? I just did a water change like I always do, and two of my Rasboras just died. One jumped out behind my desk and was dead by the time I found him, the other flipped over, gasping, then died.

The remaining Rasbora I quickly dumped in with the Black Moors in a panic. Good thing they don't see well...But anyways. The Least Killifish was a trooper and wasn't affected at all. They're both behind a divider I was using for the filters but moved into the corner of the tank. They seem to be doing alright, they just seem a bit confused by the change of scenery.

My cat, of course, slept through it all....

:krazy: <- We call that guy the "Randomly Milling" smiley on another board...

I ran out of test strips last month and haven't had the money to buy more. They've been doing fine with water changes so far, and I didn't do anything different.

Does water conditioner go bad?

Water params can change in a heartbeat,,so it's really impossible to go by that.What kind of conditioner do you use?Did you evenly match temps?There could be alot of factors here,like the ph may have been a big difference to the tanks ph. What size is this tank?cycled? How much water do you change out and how often?

I bought new conditioner (AquaSafe) and tried it, and nothing happened (good thing) So I think my Wardley conditioner was just old (had it for almost 2 years)

Archived