Paper Towel Doodle-oo

Man Yu

well, I was working on one of my art projects but I had squeezed off too much ink on the tip of my brush-pen. So i blotted it on a square of paper towel... hey, whaddya know, several blots later, I ended up with a mini (disposable) Chinese-style ink painting! :D

I just added the little panda telescope butterfly-tail in the corner as an afterthought...

brush.jpg

it would have been cool if I had an authentic Chinese signature stamp to put in one of the corners... or if I knew how to write Chinese calligraphy. :rolleyes:

I put the paper towel directly on my flatbed scanner

Yeah!! I guess that would be hard to do with your fish! You always get such beauties, we wish you had a camera too!

I put the paper towel directly on my flatbed scanner

Yeah!! I guess that would be hard to do with your fish! You always get such beauties, we wish you had a camera too!

haha, don't think I hadn't considered scanning my fish... it'd be pretty messy though. :rofl

... or if I knew how to write Chinese calligraphy. :rolleyes:

I could put Man Yu into a Japanese kanji for you and you could put a circle round it. If that was in red it would look like an official stamp. Just a thought.

The simplest characters would be man (meaning 10.000) and yu (leader). Thet would be just 2 characters ..there are others too.

well... I was thinking more of putting an actual short piece of poetry in Chinese calligraphy in it, like in an actual ink-painting where the minimal detail is meant to highlight a literary piece of the artist.

what the heck, it's just a doodle anyway. :D

Archived