Where's His Eye?

Guest rtbrwinter

Guest rtbrwinter

I have a question. I set up a brand new aquarium 3 days ago and put in 3 fish. A black moore, a bubble eye and a calico gold fish. All 3 of the fish seemed very happy.

Last night when I came home from work the Black Moore was sitting on the bottom of the tank and wasn't eating anything. The other two fish seemed normal.

This morning when I looked into the tank, the Black Moore looks like he lost his eye or something? There is a think white bubble over one of it's eyes and I'm not sure what this is. The Black Moore seems completely fine today, swimming all around and eating, like the other two fish.

Is anyone able to tell me what is wrong with my Black Moore? The only thing I put into the tank when I set it up was a conditioner. It also has a filter and the water looks very clear. I'm kinda new to goldfish so I need some help. I don't want my other fish to get sick and I'd like to help the Black Moore if I can.

Thank you!!!

Guest rtbrwinter

I'll try to answer the top questions as best as I can.

tank size 10 gallon

I havn't changed the water yet as I just set it up 3 days ago.

They are all very small goldfish.

I feed them fish flakes.

I looked very closely for 'grains of salt' and there were none.

I also didn't notice any other fungus or frayed fins on any of the fish.

And the only unusual behavior was last night before the thick white bubble on the black moore's eye appeared, that fish was just sitting on the bottom of the tank in the corner, not moving much.

Like I said, today it was swimming around just fine but it has this huge bubble on it's eye. It's thick so I can't see it's eyeball and it is sticking out very far.

I hope this helps a little.

Well, I don't know what this could be aside from some kind of injury/infection, but I did notice that your tank is overcrowded. With so many fish in a small tank, I would be doing very frequent water changes, perhaps once per 2 days. (25-50 %)

I hope someone who know what this is comes soon.

Edit: I am wondering, what kind/size of filter do you have?

Guest rtbrwinter

The tank was a kit that you buy all at one time. It includes the filter and conditioner and everything. I got it at vvvv so I'm not sure of the name of the filter but it is a Top Fin Brand. I don't know if this will help.

Thanks.

Archived