You May Not Have A Blue Goldie If...

glitterfish

This happens! I got Fenix about 10 months ago. He was sold as "blue". I didnt see him before I purchased him as I bought him over the phone and was told he was blue and got a good price. I was disappointed because he had a lot of bronze on his back. Well as time has passed.. well, you'll see!

Before:

newfish%20012.jpg

Now:

fenixfeb07.jpg

fenixfeb071.jpg

fenixfeb072.jpg

fenixfeb073.jpg

:krazy: I am not too upset about this as he is a very friendly, funny fishy. I actually think the color change might be cool! But now Ill have to look for an actual blue. So people, if you want a BLUE goldie, look for bronze patches! :lol1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like everyone thinks I hate him now or something. NOT TRUE! I just wanted to show that a "blue" fish can change so people are not disappointed, especially if they paid a lot of money for a certain color. :)

I was at my LFS today and was looking at one blue oranda, but I remembered your post so I started looking around and thought they might also change as they do give me the feeling that they would!XD

so ye your thread was helpful! haha

He's adorable! I'll go somewhere looking for a specific color/breed...then I'll come home with something completely different because that fish chose me. Or, they just get left in my garbage bin and follow me into my apartment, then into my tank. I swear I have no idea how they get there.

He's gorgeous. I understand not wanting him to change color though. I'm going through that with Mars right now. I bought him because he was black and well now he doesn't know what he's doing, lol. But, it's like having a new fish in your tank. People can dye their hair and change their clothes, so why can't fish?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived