Getting A New Tank

Limeyron

I've finally got the ball rolling with getting that acrylic tank made. It's gonna be 37" long, 19" wide and 22" high, which will give me just under 55.75 UK gallons at just over 210kg water weight. The problem I'm having is with finding the filtration that I want without getting an external filter or crowding the tank with internals. I want to have at least 8x filtration (446 GPH) but the best I'm coming up with is about 6x. Any ideas on what to get and where to get it? I really want just the one filter because I've got so many plugs in my room, but if I have to get two then I will. I don't want to spend more than ?100 on the filtration.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

You might want to have 2 (or more!) simply for the fact that you may want to have a back-up. If you only have one filter and it fails... you have to rush out and buy a new one immediately. If you have a back-up, it buys you a bit of time. Plus, if you need to quarantine (or decide to get another tank tee hee!), you'll have a colonized filter all ready to go - no cycling needed.

Not to mention it will be much easier for you to add two smaller filters together to reach your desired gph, rather than trying to find one big filter that will do it alone.

Backup filters won't be a problem because I've already got a few, plus 1 future quarantine tank and a spare one which I'm hoping to re-stock at some point in the not too distant future. I'm just looking for a powerful, top of the range internal filter or two that will last for quite a while and won't start making weird noises. I don't think I'll find one filter that will give me nearly 500 GPH anyway so I'll go for two, but which ones?

I want maximum media capacity without getting HUGE filters. There's so many to choose from and I have no idea what I want....

Archived