Lemonhead Calico Ranchu?

daust

About 4 months ago, I got a tiny calico ranchu. It was only about one inch long. Very pretty though. All of its background colour was blue, with black, orange and white specks. Its head was white with one orange eye and one black eye. Fins were whitish with black and orange streaks. And the shape of his back was a perfect curve. Recently I have noticed his head is turning yellow! :blink: And yellow is beginning to appear in his tail fin. Has anyone ever seen a lemonhead calico ranchu??? Or is this colour change something I should be concerned about? He has grown alot in four months. Presently he is about 2.5 inches long. Eats like a pig, very active and has never been sick. Oh by the way, he's in an established 90 gal. tank with 4 other fish and water params. are perfect.

Angela

Many of my fish have turned yellow on the nose, and a touch of yellow in the fins. I have no idea why, but I've never worried about it. I'm waiting for an expert to explain that, though! It's not like the fish changes color completely, it's just a tint of yellow on the nose and fins...

Archived