Calico Goldfish Tail

Guest rondacyr

Guest rondacyr

i have a calico fantail goldfish. his tail is huge but it now has holes and looks ripped in places. any help.sorry im new to this . he is in tank alone. water changed reg. he is 2 years old. new any health problems before thanks.

Welcome to Koko's. It sounds like you have a lovely fish!

There are many reasons why a fish's tail may develop holes and tears. These range from mechanical injury - sharp rocks or deco, other aggressive fish in the tank, to disease or parasites.

Since you have no other fish and have not introduced any recently, I wonder if you have any new deco in the tank? HAve you changed ANYTHING recently? Added anything - a plant or something?

I know you keep your water in good shape, but it would be very helpful if you could answer as many of the questions found at the top of this forum. Each can help us get an insight into what may be affecting your beautiful fish.

Guest rondacyr

the tank is the same as it has always been no new toys in the tank. the tank is a 10 gallon tank. been running for 2 years. i change the water about a quater of it every 2 weeks and put in a clean filter. the kid at the pet store says it could be tail rot . but i dont know if i trust him he looks all of 12.

Archived