Angelfish And Pitcus Catfish

angelchelle_26

We have 2 angelfish and 2 pitcus catfish and 2 algae eaters in a 20 gallon tank, could I add a few more angelfish or is there any other fish that go good with angels and pitcus catfish i saw one angelfish i liked but dont know if 3 would be ok seeing that the 2 i got now were from the same tank and picked on each other til i separted them for a month or so and now they are getting along fine

I wouldn't add anything to the tank- and I'd be prepared to upgrade the tank or get rid of these fish in the near future. Unfortunately both angels, pictus catfish, and most algae eaters get too large for a 20 gallon tank.

Guest DPFHPRES

The genral angelfish rule is one angel per ten gallons. But pictus cats are not good tanks mates for angels and will out grow you tank as well

The genral angelfish rule is one angel per ten gallons. But pictus cats are not good tanks mates for angels and will out grow you tank as well

on allexperts.com and at the petstore said that the catfish are fine with the angelfish the catfish and angels get along fine the catfish dont really care for the algae eaters in there but im stuck with them i dont have anything else to do with them and i cant find anyone that wants them

Your pictus cats have the potential to get upwards of 10" each, too big for a 20 gallon. While generally peaceful, they have been known to eat smaller fish, so be careful when selecting tankmates.

Archived